Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1.9

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Edmond, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived 5-7 minute early for my interview. I was kept waiting more than 15 minutes past my interview time. I was taken to a booth at the back of the restaurant. During my interview the manager who interview me (who couldn’t have been more than 25) was interupted at least 10 times by employees. Half of those times the manager got up from the table and left. At one point the manager was gone for about ten minutes.
The whole thing had a weird vibe. I was ultimately invited to come back for a second interview with another manager. After leaving I decided to decline the interview (this was not a place I wanted to work). I called the restaurant the next day to cancel my interview but I could not get anyone to answer the phone. And yes, I was calling during business hours. I called off and on for approx three hours before I gave up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

The interview process was a extremely short conversational interview. It did not last long at all. It approximately took up to 15 mins. They just ant a basic understanding about who you are as a person.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

One interview with the general manager and a manager in training. ( which counted as a second interview.) Usually the first interview is with a manager then followed by a second with the general manager.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Very easy. They ask a bunch of general questions. They do not expect you to stay long due to high turnover in the restaurant industry. Unless you are a felon (or even if you are), you will probably be hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have restaurant experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I spoke with one manager he said he liked me and I spoke with another he said he wanted to check my references and called me an hour later saying I got the job

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates that applied   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2017.

Interview

Interview scheduled for 2:30 & I walked 2:20. There was 2 other interviews scheduled at 2:30, as well. Because I was the last one to arrive, o was the last one interviewed which wasn't until 3:15. That was annoying. Wish they would have scheduled each interview at a different time. That was the only downer.

Interview Questions

• If we called your last employer, how would there describe you as an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Oviedo, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews. A meet and greet with owner, then an interview with manager, and lastly an interview with owner, where I got hired right after. a a

Interview Questions

• What was your worst serving experience and how would you had fixed it?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2017.

Interview

No Difficulty just make sure you are available to work. Make sure you are able to get along with others and be willing to be courteous to customers when you come into contact with one. The customer's time is very important so be diligent in your work.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Super easy (and fast) interview process. I applied online one afternoon, and the very same day I received a phone call from the manager asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I came in the next day and was hired on the spot. My interviewer asked me obscure, off the wall questions. He didn't ask the basic "What are some of your biggest strengths and weaknesses?" sort of questions. I had 0 experience in working at a restaurant. I only had previous job experience in office, call center, and pharmaceutical careers. He mentioned he normally doesn't hire those without previous server experience, but he really liked my personality.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Thorough questioning about past work experience and capabilities. They asked what I would be comfortable contributing to the company, how long I planned on working at that branch, and what were my long term goals related to that job.

Interview Questions

• What is your number one strength?   1 Answer