Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

1.9

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

The interview process was a extremely short conversational interview. It did not last long at all. It approximately took up to 15 mins. They just ant a basic understanding about who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

One interview with the general manager and a manager in training. ( which counted as a second interview.) Usually the first interview is with a manager then followed by a second with the general manager.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Very easy. They ask a bunch of general questions. They do not expect you to stay long due to high turnover in the restaurant industry. Unless you are a felon (or even if you are), you will probably be hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have restaurant experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I spoke with one manager he said he liked me and I spoke with another he said he wanted to check my references and called me an hour later saying I got the job

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates that applied   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2017.

Interview

Interview scheduled for 2:30 & I walked 2:20. There was 2 other interviews scheduled at 2:30, as well. Because I was the last one to arrive, o was the last one interviewed which wasn't until 3:15. That was annoying. Wish they would have scheduled each interview at a different time. That was the only downer.

Interview Questions

• If we called your last employer, how would there describe you as an employee?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2017.

Interview

No Difficulty just make sure you are available to work. Make sure you are able to get along with others and be willing to be courteous to customers when you come into contact with one. The customer's time is very important so be diligent in your work.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Super easy (and fast) interview process. I applied online one afternoon, and the very same day I received a phone call from the manager asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I came in the next day and was hired on the spot. My interviewer asked me obscure, off the wall questions. He didn't ask the basic "What are some of your biggest strengths and weaknesses?" sort of questions. I had 0 experience in working at a restaurant. I only had previous job experience in office, call center, and pharmaceutical careers. He mentioned he normally doesn't hire those without previous server experience, but he really liked my personality.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Thorough questioning about past work experience and capabilities. They asked what I would be comfortable contributing to the company, how long I planned on working at that branch, and what were my long term goals related to that job.

Interview Questions

• What is your number one strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I contacted the owner over the phone asking to apply and to schedule an interview. I had met the manager before and I was friendly with a few of the servers years before I started. During the interview we went over why I wanted the position, my previous experience with customer service. Discussed the position, hours, scheduling, and what the outback family is like. We discussed the type of worker I am and how I will be working with outback.

Server Interview

Interview

It was basic. Go in speak with a manager express interest in working there. Thy will ask for previous experience and if you are qualified will be given the job. Before you can start you have to complete a test on the menu items. Again, not very difficult.