Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

1.9

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Super easy (and fast) interview process. I applied online one afternoon, and the very same day I received a phone call from the manager asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I came in the next day and was hired on the spot. My interviewer asked me obscure, off the wall questions. He didn't ask the basic "What are some of your biggest strengths and weaknesses?" sort of questions. I had 0 experience in working at a restaurant. I only had previous job experience in office, call center, and pharmaceutical careers. He mentioned he normally doesn't hire those without previous server experience, but he really liked my personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I contacted the owner over the phone asking to apply and to schedule an interview. I had met the manager before and I was friendly with a few of the servers years before I started. During the interview we went over why I wanted the position, my previous experience with customer service. Discussed the position, hours, scheduling, and what the outback family is like. We discussed the type of worker I am and how I will be working with outback.

Server Interview

Interview

It was basic. Go in speak with a manager express interest in working there. Thy will ask for previous experience and if you are qualified will be given the job. Before you can start you have to complete a test on the menu items. Again, not very difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Was told about the job and then told I was already hired. Took maybe 15 minutes. We honestly did not go over any questions at all. It was extremely easy over all.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Typically, you'll have one interview with one of the managers and if they like you you'll be given a 2nd interview with the proprietor of the store. If you pass that, you'll start training. Training is tedious which includes a lot of online training and floor training. It can take up to a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to handle a stressful situation and what you did in the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Three different short "interviews" which could've easily (preferably) have been condensed into one. First one was super short, and mostly consisted of the manager telling me his own personal career history, not too much focus on mine. after that I had to go home and take an assessment test online then email manager that it was completed. I got a call back the next day to meet with proprietor the following day, nice personality and I felt more at ease. It seemed to have gone well and he asked me to return for third interview the next day. It was again with original manager. Interviews consist of them reading random questions out loud to you from a booklet they have. I felt it was difficult to process as if they were being read from a script. Was very cold and clinical. They might as well have a robot doing it because they don't seem to pay any attention to your personality or the application you filled out or your resume. As they ask the questions and you answer they write something down, I'm assuming scoring your answers. After I jumped through the hoops making it there early for 3 in a row In the end I felt like I wasted all that time, not to mention feeling like a dolt trying to come up with answers to the most banal questions. Would have probably felt better about it had I not had to make so many trips and waste my gas getting there. The feeling that just because your answer or answers didn't add up to the right amount of points makes you unqualified is, to me, a joke. I'm sure they lose a lot of potentially great employees because of this method.

Interview Questions

• Things like:
      1) What has gone wrong while you were on a previous job, what did you do to correct it and what was the outcome?
      2) What did you dislike the most about your previous job, what actions did you take to alleviate it? What were the results of your action?
      The question were ridiculous if you ask me, and that's probably why I did not get a call back after the final interview. They were things that you might be thinking about after work that day that they happened, but not to pull an answer on the fly, especially when you are already nervous or uncomfortable.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Hyattsville, MD).

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied online and within a month I was contacted by the location manager about an in-person interview. It took about 20 minutes. I met with the manager. We discussed my experience, my personality, and why I thought this job would be a good fit. After being hired I came back to fill out paperwork and to begin the training process.

Interview Questions

• 1.Questions about work history
      2. Tell me about yourself?
      3. Tell me about a time when..?
      4. Why Outback Steakhouse?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Vestal, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Once you get past the interview it takes about a month of online classes and tests to get onto the floor to train. and the training coordinator is quite rude. She makes it the hardest to get in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

You have two interviews. Both of mine were very short. They didn't even have my application out and it seemed to me that they didn't really look at my application either. Both of my interviews were about 5 minutes each, the shortest interviews I have ever had. It was really chill. I just wore jeans, boots, a tank top and a cardigan both times.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, have I lived in the area my whole life, if I was a job hopper, what I wanted to do at the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Greensboro, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

very brief, very cool process you'll get started rite away specially if you really need a job on site they'll give it you. to many questions there asking now. way to many questions. making me write 30 questions.