Outback Steakhouse Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Waitress Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant and go a call for an interview one day later. The entire process was really easy and there's nothing to be afraid of. The people that work in Outback are really good, they make you feel comfortable and easy talking.

Interview Questions

• Basic questons like: Why should I hire you, What do you know about Outback, Are you avaiable to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Sat down in the bar and had casual conversation, talked about school and personal goals out side of work. Gave info on the restaurant, shared about continued education and specials that are run.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better waitress than other people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Silverdale, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and impersonal. Asked a lot of questions, very fast but nothing to get to know me or my work ethic. Rushed through the whole process. The lady seemed distracted and like she already made up her mind.

Interview Questions

• All generic questions, nothing about how I handle situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on the spot by one manager. At the end of the interview, he wanted me to meet with the other manager/proprietor. Got called back from the proprietor to meet with manager. Proprietor called the next day to offer me the job. It was pretty back and fourth but the questions were standard. I enjoyed getting to meet both of my bosses before getting the job. It showed the great communication within the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service Questions (Standard)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Upland, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It is a 3 part interview. Simple process with a test and questions and a selling test wherein they have you attempt to sell a coke to see how good you do at up selling.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2010.

Interview

test of menu and test of basic reading math skills for front of house workers. go in mon- thurs
    some restaurant are from 2-4 some are from 1-3. ask for an application and to speak to a manager if possible. they give a test, if you pass then the interview starts

Interview Questions

• if you know your menu none, know what allergies mean what . if someone says lactose intolerant, know what that means   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, 2.13 plus tips

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Bowie, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I sat down with the proprietor in a booth and we discussed my prior experience and he asked me a lot of questions about what would make me valuable to the company. He also asked me how long I planned on staying with the company and stated that if I stayed with the company 1 year I would be eligible for a location transfer. I also took a standardized test that had me rate different situations and how I would react and well as some simple math and reading questions.