Outback Steakhouse Waitstaff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Memphis, TN) in May 2008.

Interview

I walked in to the restaurant, asked if they were accepting applications, and was hired on the spot. I had to take a personality test, which asked common sense questions and was extremely easy. The second portion consisted of a math test; again very easy. Lastly, I had to take a menu test. While it wasn't hard, it was a lot of information to memorize. I'd say I spent about an hour or two studying for it, so be prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiation. You make $2.13 an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Waitstaff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Back in the good ole days us boys filled out applications. Now days it's mostly done online. If you get a call back you can be prepared for an in person interview, followed by a menu test, liquor test, and possibly a competency test. I don't know if the competency test is still employed anymore.

Interview Questions

• Use your common sense; if they ask what you would do if someone dropped plates on the ground, tell them you would help clean them up. Every time someone fails a question like this, I die on the inside a little.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Just the hope that your base pay covers your taxes at years end.