Outbrain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR department was truly first class. They were diligent with following up and scheduling of interviews and the process was very thorough. I first had a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist. Then she scheduled a skype interview with the hiring manager. Next I came into the Outbrain office and had 3 individual 1 on 1 interviews with various members of the Outbrain teams. All the questions were normal interview questions and everyone I met with was as pleasant as can be! Despite not receiving an offer the overall experience was great and I would love the chance to work for Outbrain.

Data Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outbrain in March 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with the HR manager. Told me about the company, the internship and had a friendly conversation about college. If they want to continue with the process with me, the hiring manager will get in touch with me.

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, 2 Skype interviews with the hiring managers, a short assignment comprised of 2 parts, final in-person interview and lunch with the team at the office. The HR has been extremely helpful and responsive throughout the process. The process was organized and streamlined. It may have taken a while, but it was all worth it!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very short and rude. The interviewer asked me to come in two hours earlier than he showed up and I just sat there doing nothing. If it wasn't for the reputation of the company I would have just left.

Interview Questions

Outbrain Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Talen Acquisition

We were very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be assured that we have taken steps to investigate fully and have put in place measures to ensure that this never happens again. We hope ... More

Business Operations Interview

Interview

I was referred to this position by a friend who already worked in Outbrain. The interview process was very efficient and my every email got responses, which was very professional. I had one phone interview with the recruiter and scheduled another phone interview with the director of the team in two days. Unfortunately, the team went for another candidate before my recruiter knows about it, so she had to cancel my interview at the last minute. But overall, the experience was not negative and I'm still interested in finding a job in Outbrain.

Interview Questions

• Why would want to apply, what are your experiences, what's fun about you.   Answer Question

Technical Implimentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Over all, the pone interview seemed pretty bland. The recruiter did not seem to really care about my work history, what I am presently doing or just me as a person. The recruiter asked if I read the description and asked why I should be hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with troubleshooting a client's website?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR/Talent manager 2 days later to have a phone screen. About a week later had a Skype interview with the team manager. Was then given a take home assignment "relevant" to the position (although not given much direction).

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online after a friend told me they were aggressively hiring. Initial phone screen with recruiter, a phone interview with line manager, in-person interview with a panel at their NY office.

Interview Questions

• What is your background?
      What do you know about Outbrain?
      Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR team is fairly prompt, and will let you know if they are interested or not. Unlike other companies, they follow up and keep you in the loop and do not ghost you for weeks at a time. The interview process is kind of drawn out, but it's because they really do care about who they hire. There is a phone interview with HR, a phone interview with a manager, some sort of assessment, a mock phone call (if applicable), then you meet the whole team. Again, it isn't that it's slow, it's just thorough which I can very much appreciate.

Interview Questions

• They do ask direct experience with this or a similar product, and reiterate the question of why you are choosing to work there and not at another comparable company.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Outbrain (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly interview at their office by union square in NYC. Many hypotheticals and problems to work through as well as general questions about ad tech and content that you should know if you are applying for this. Equal level employees came to interview me as well as boss and their boss. All very kind and professional. Very focused on client recommendations and how to work as a team. Make sure you know about Outbrain and also about Taboola who is their main competition. Only downside to the process was how long it took to go to each new step and the time in between email responses. Nice office.