Overhead Door Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied it online several weeks ago and I got two phone interviews. They were both easy as long as you prepared it well. I went to a third interview approximately 2 weeks after I finished the second phone interview. All of the interview questions were behavior questions. No technical questions. Got an opportunity to visit and get to know the company better.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

On time, professional, and very much a two way discussion. This was a one/one with the hiring manager following a phone screen from HR days prior (they too were the utmost professional).

Mechanics Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard procedure. Noting tricky when I applied they would like to know your soonest availability and previous job experience if any can relate to your future employment. Professional dress is not required but a clean shave and a haircut is to be maintained once you obtain the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Syracuse, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got one phone call requesting an interview. Thought it went well. They said that they would make a decision within 1 week. I responded several times got one response asking for interview feedback. They told me that they were still in the interview process. Than I have heard nothing.

Garage Door Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was great, I had to interview with three people. I knew something in one week. They will train you if needed. I liked the process, everyone was very nice. They did not waste your time. They do provide uniforms and they pay weekly which really helps.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience did I have.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overhead Door.

Interview

I had an initial face to face interview followed by a Wonderlic test, mechanical aptitude test and personality test. There was a final face to face interview and they called me the day after to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style like?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel that you could bring your skills and experience to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was generous so I accepted the initial offer.

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Overhead Door in December 2015.

Interview

I got a call back fairly quickly stating the position I applied back for was filled but they think I would be a perfect candidate for another position they need to fill I did a phone interview at the end of the phone interview I was invited to come in for a face to face interview I was asked basically the same questions I was asked on the phone at the end of the interview I was told I needed to take an assessment the female told me the assessment do not determine if im hired or not and she really don't understand why everyone have to take it I don't think I did good on the assessment but I am currently awaiting a reply which will not take place until after the holidays.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Technician Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overhead Door in November 2015.

Interview

Application with a mechanical aptitude test fairly easy process. Was interviewed right after by the safety manager. Was told about the over time availability training process and technicians. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told normal trainees were offered 11 however they'd offer 13 which would be bumped up upon completion of training.

Office Accounts Receivables Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Jamestown, NY).

Interview

The interview was very professional and was done by the owner. He went over my resume and had me go over examples with him on how I would respond in certain situations. The entire interview lasted approx. 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Questioned areas of my resume, along with situations for his company. He also asked What I wanted to gain from working for the company?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overhead Door (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It starts with a call from a recruiter. They set up an interview. The interview is simple. No tough questions. They mainly want to get a sense of what type of person you are and if you'll fit with the company. After the interview they take you to do two mathematics tests. Once you've passed that they check all your references and then you're hired. I didn't accept the job because of what I read here on Glassdoor about their performance reviews and that they don't promote within the company, they hire management from without, and I read they're incredibly disorganized.