Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.4

Blood Bank Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter had me fill out a standardized survey. However, the survey had a lot of weird questions which made me stop perusing the position.

Examples were things like "Do you have trouble sitting still?" I'm not sure how this is relevant, and many people have trouble sitting still (do to their federally protected disabilities). If I had selected 1 would that disqualify me from the position? Lots of concerns here.

Interview Questions

• It mostly generic questions like "Do you like working on a team?"   1 Answer

EKG Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Review of application, experience, resume. Questions about relevant experience. Discussion of job and dept. duties and how you would fit into the system. Discussion of EKG process. Rhythm recognition and lead placement test.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable dealing with a diverse variety of patients?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR requesting to schedule an interview with the Nurse Manager. Went in for the interview, interviewed with a fellow PCT, Charge Nurse and the Nurse Manager, toured the unit and the interview took about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about HiPPA, patient safety, teamwork and organization.   Answer Question

Nursing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the nurse recruiter called me, we set up an interview. The online instructions specifically said *not* to bring a copy of my resume. I followed these instructions. Upon sitting down with the manager - who was very friendly and professional - she asked for a copy of my resume. Yes, I'm an idiot, and I should've brought a copy anyway - but seriously?

The interview itself featured literally zero questions. Just the opening "Tell me about yourself." Other people I know applied for the position and had the exact same experience. It was a colossal waste of everyone's time and energy, and I was extremely disappointed.

Their website also specifically says that you will be notified if you are not accepted for a position. This never happened.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Issaquah, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy and it went really smooth. Arrived 2 hours before and was interviewed and was told I would get a phone call later in the day if I got the job. Got a phone call later in the day that I got the job and started my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with another employee and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Professional Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Overlake uses behavioral-based interviewing so go in prepared to give examples from your prior work. I had a phone interview with HR first, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I went back for a group interview. I wore a suit but I think a "business professional" look would've been ok, too. People were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation with a difficult person you encountered at work and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview took about 30 minutes. The hiring manager gave an overview of the position and the company itself. The manager also asked a series of standard questions regarding management style, asking me to describe different situations and scenarios that took place in my previous work and how I handled each situation.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation where two co-workers had different opinions regarding a topic or situation that is work related.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call for an interview, I went to my interview within a week. Same day of interview I received phone call about checking my references. Three days later I got the phone call that I got the job. Quick an easy process

Interview Questions

• What did you like about school the most?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't want to over step my boundaries seeing as I am a new grad. In August they will being doing a survey to increase everyone's wages and I qualify. Weekends you make extra and working at night you make more too.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in October 2014.

Interview

Manager was very friendly and not intimidating. He gave me a tour of the unit, introduced me to other employees and answered all of my questions. He helped me to feel confident that I would learn all that I needed to in order to succeed as a new critical care nurse. Nurse educator was also very supportive when I was first new to the unit.

Interview Questions

• How can I be a strong member of the team that encourages others to provide excellent care.   Answer Question

Health Information Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a regular staff worker two weeks later. An interview was requested with the HIM manager, but had to be conducted within two days. This was very short notice. 1:1 interview with HIM manager was in her office. There were about 20 difficult questions that assumed working experience in this field. Several questions were odd and probably not part of the "script" the manager was supposed to follow.

A group interview was supposed to occur next, but I wasn't selected to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the circumstances in which you would violate policy?   2 Answers