Overstock.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Overstock.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

Senior Product Interview

Interview

1 Phone Interview. 4 onsite in Person Interview.

4 back to back phone interviews were scheduled with 2 people in the panel. Interestingly some of the interviewers were absent. Interviews were smooth.Typically asking about the product management questions and general situational questions. however, interviewer became defensive when I ask some of the questions to them

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

online test, phone interview, video interview, onsite.
     It needs as least one month.
    people are good and nice. But they will not contact you anymore and tell you the results, if they do not decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• not hard. but you need to understand the real problem and could help them.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by overstock.com. The interview process was fast, 1st Phone interview on Friday, 2nd Phone interview on Monday, in-person interview on Thursday.

I cut my vacation short to come back into town so I could do the in-person interview on Thursday. Had the interview at 10 AM. Once the second set of people came in they informed me the interview would be over by 11 AM as they had a meeting (I was scheduled to be there until 12). I had expressed that certain technical skills were rusty but I was still asked about how I would write some SQL. Fine and I should have brushed up beforehand but I did not realize how important they felt this was to the job. Again, fine.

The reason I gave this a negative review is after all of this and them being aware of my cutting my vacation short I get this email latter that day:

"Thanks so much for your interest in working with us! We know you have many options when seeking employment and feel privileged that you chose us as a potential employer. Unfortunately, at this time we have decided to move forward with other candidates. Should something change on our side we will not hesitate to contact you.

We wish you every personal and professional success with your job search and in the future. Please do not hesitate to apply with us in the future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at careers@overstock.com.

People Care"

I don't believe "People Care"

After someone has made an effort, spent their own time and money could they not at least fake that it had come from the recruiter that I had been dealing with? I think this is symbolic of how they would treat me as an employee so I am happy to not have been selected. Note to companies: don't treat people that interview with you like disposable items. First, you never know who they know, you may find out it was just a bad interview and want them back someday, and plenty of other reasons to treat employees and potential employees as valued humans.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a SQL query to pull up states? (Interviewer said the question is purposefully vague).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

Group interview to start with scenarios, wanted to know exp and group activity than one on one interview. Pretty laid back interview basically answered questions and they write down the answers. the whole process took about 2 mo pretty long process.,

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very professional but casual. I was in a large conference room and met with 3-4 different people during the process. I then met with the VP of people care and was able to ask him the direction of the company and how I could help fulfill that vision.

Interview Questions

• What are you career aspirations?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Very robust, lots of in-depth questions, really an opportunity for me to share my experience while learning about Overstock. A bit long overall. I applied early in the year, but, did not get a call back until April - there was a change going on in their recruiting department I guess. A bit slow to respond to my questions (recruiter), but, overall was very informative and easy to talk to. The actual day of interviews was go go go. I was out of stage, they treated me well bringing me in and making sure my accommodations were good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Onsite Interview - Two rounds of technical discussion followed by Director round . The first round panel asked the below question , but the question was not correct .The way he suggested also its not feasible ,In the end he agreed its not feasible based on his approach ,but still give the negative feedback which is shocking

Interview Questions

• Q.Graph problem to find the reachable nodes based on Neighbor nodes function , The input to method is any node/vertex   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through the corporate site. A few days later, received an email invitation to complete a HireVue interview. Quick and simple. No super difficult questions. Personally thought I did only ok. A week or so later, received an email invitation for a request for an on site interview. Showed up, I interviewed with a total of 4 people, 2 at a time. Asked a combination of get to know me questions, why I'm interested, why Overstock.com, told me about the position, and had a good conversation.

After about 1 hour later, I was taken down and walked out. I was told they wanted to fill the position in the matter of a couple weeks. A few weeks went by, nothing from them so decided to follow up. Was told that this is still a priority for them and they are finalizing candidates. Yesterday I received a phone call for a verbal offer of the position.

I asked when the soonest they needed to know by with a final decision, due to me interviewing with multiple companies by this time, and was told the following morning.

I have decided to accept the offer. Everyone has been very friendly, professional, and I am excited to work on the marketing promotion team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work at a place like Overstock.com?   Answer Question

Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was only a recorded video and honestly I think the process is lazy on the employer end. Interviews are stressful enough, but recording yourself is a whole new level. I spent a lot of time preparing for the video, where recruiters can cut the video in 5 seconds if they don't like what they see. I would much rather prefer a 20 minute in-person interview, being able to pick up on social cues and have a conversation. I don't think recorded videos give a very good, nor accurate view of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using research to make decisions?   Answer Question

Team Lead Fraud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I received a request for a on-sight interview and meet with Manager, assistant manager, and a team lead. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question