Overstock.com Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 210 of over 210 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Overstock.com

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

Round 1 - interview with the recruiter. The recruiter had an incorrect mobile number in the system (not my fault) and didn't call me on time, later apologized and set up an interview with the hiring manager. So the compensation expectation was never discussed. Round 2 - 30mins interview with the hiring manager. Was asked about my experience and some technical questions. Round 3 - 1.5hr interview with the entire team. Questions asked about the project they gave me to build a dashboard, technical and behavioral questions, tested my SQL experience. Received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
  • Differences between different SQL joins
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. Started with a phone screen. Then an interview with two product managers. The final interview was supposed to be 2 45 minute interviews, the first a cultural interview with 3 UX Designers, the second a technical interview with the director of software dev, a developer, and a pm. Two hours before the interview I received an email from the recruiter that the position had been filled and the interview was canceled. Overall a good experience. It felt like no one smiled a single time (even the recruiter) which I thought was strange.

Interview Questions
  • The industry average bounce rate is 40% for this page (listing pulled up). This one has a 70% bounce rate. Based on the image what is happening?
  • Whats the most difficult/complex feature you have worked on?

Overstock.com

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

I had a great interview experience. The timeline was very reasonable. I found the interview questions thoughtful and interesting. I enjoyed every conversation at different stages of the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

Bad communication, radio silence for weeks. Then they decided the position wasn't available anymore. Overall it was a terrible process. I think the company was going through a lot of things then with the CEO, hopefully they are better now.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a time when you were challenged mentally and how you overcame the odds.

Overstock.com

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

Nice it was nice and professional, the interview was pleasant and organized. Great questions and nice people working there. Nice interview. The building was clean. The employees were all smiling

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Sandy, UT) in Feb 2021

Interview

Contacted a week or so after submitting my resume and scheduled a phone screen with HR. HR screen was quick and easy, just went through my resume. 2nd interview was with 3 group product managers. I was ill-prepared for the interview and 2 weeks later, got a rejection email, as expected. I thought I was interviewing for a slightly more junior role but apparently I interviewed for a group PM role which I didn't have the experience for. Not sure how I passed the HR screen. The second interview was a waste of time for me and the panel of interviewers and I ended the interview as soon as I could.

Interview Questions
  • What would you improve on the website?
  • Who is your favorite PM / what PM do you admire? This is so they'll get a chance to understand your perspective of what it means to be a PM.
  • Favorite books/references for product management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in Feb 2021

Interview

I was interviewed by two woefully underprepared managers who didn't know me, and definitely didn't understand the project was they were hiring me for. I interviewed for something a Data Analyst or Data Scientist should be doing, but instead they asked if I could build a full stack web application. By myself. The managers weren't even in charge of the software developers, they worked with data warehouses. This interview was a total cluster. Oh, and they straight up ghosted me, seeing as it has been 3 months and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

Multi-stage process that involved a technical exam, a technical interview with questions on SQL and marketing, and then a later interview with 3 different groups of 3-4 people each. A long process.

Interview Questions
  • Given a set of information, calculate the click-through rate, the cost per click, the total revenue, and net revenue of an ad campaign.

Overstock.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

It was a virtual interview. I had to submit video recordings of myself. Questions were very easy, it was only a little awkward because I wasn't sure who was going to view my recording.

Interview Questions
  • How do your skills fit this positon.

Overstock.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com in Oct 2020

Interview

Took about a month and a half for anyone to reach out after applying. Then the initial interview was rescheduled twice before actually happening. The interviewer showed up late, then proceeded to answer another call 5 minutes into our meeting (he forgot to mute himself). After that he had chats pinging in the background constantly. I asked if another time would work better since I wanted to make sure we were both fully present (since I took off work to do the interview). He chuckled and said "this is just an intro call, that's just the way it is". He also asked me to repeat several answers because he didn't seem to hear/listen to them the first time. He mentioned at the end of the meeting that he hadn't put the other distractions away, and that he just kept answering other messages. Almost like it was a badge of honor. I hoped I had just got the bad apple in the bunch. But when he mentioned he was the hiring manager and sent a timed test before even letting me know if I was moving to a second interview, I decided the role wasn't for me. Great website, but not sure if it's the best place to work. Can't imagine it's a great workplace culture if that's their way of putting their best foot forward to potential candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What types of significance calculations do you perform on data sets?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 210 Interviews