Overstock.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Overstock.com

2.8

Social Media Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was contacted a couple of weeks later for an interview using HireView. HireView is not a person-to-person interview process, but rather you record your own answers and they are sent for review. They allow about 2 weeks of time to complete the HireView process. After I submitted my interview questions, I was contacted a couple of weeks later with my response. I did not directly talk to anyone during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in February 2020.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. The first round is with HR and talking about the details of the applied position. The second round is about introducing the projects in the resume. The last round is interviewing with the manager and a technical staff.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was telephonic followed by face to face. Company provides flight ticket, hotel and pick and drop from airport. Most of the people taking interview asked good questions and seemed neutral, however one or two technical person with hiring decision might be biased, preferring people who speak their language/nepotism etc. . Else I see no other reason for not getting offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were from enterprise java, some design question and few basic algorithm, hand coding, puzzle type.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

I had 3 different interviews in the same day. It took about an hour and a half then afterward they gave me a tour of the campus. I interviewed with the head of the copy team and each of the team leads and had to take a quick grammar test that was really easy and that was it!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unusual questions, it was pretty straight-forward.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

Very quick and easy process for applying online. Then a screening call from a recruiter. Followed by another phone interview with the team. Then an in-person interview with a panel and then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Overstock.com in August 2019.

Interview

Referred by a friend, phone screen went well. Brought in for multiple hours/rounds of interviews. Grilled on random questions by members of the team - do this advanced algebra with factorials, calculate mortgage payments by hand, how many gas stations are in the US, etc. Wanted to walk out when I was being lit up while trying to calculate mortgage payments. This was the dumbest interview I have ever been a part of. Never heard back from anyone after my interviews. Glad I didn't get hired - looks like Overstock has gone to crap.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in August 2019.

Interview

There are 3 different interviews you will do (typically all in the same day). The first is technical. They'll as you some SQL and problem solving questions. Second, they'll bring in other people for a cultural interview. These people will likely be sitting next to you if hired. Third, the leadership team will come in to understand your goals, and ask 1 or 2 more problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• If you can't find the answer to somebody's question and your supervisor is out of the office unavailable what do you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

Everyone was super friendly. Met with multiple teams who I would be working with. Most of the questions were to see if you would be a good fit culturally.

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be on time and work not complete or late and work complete?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2019.

Interview

It's employee referral. One phone interview and then they will call you for face to face interview with their expenses.
    In phone interview they asked basic Java questions like - What is object reference and why it is important in java? Why string is special in Java. About threads, how to create it. Some spring questions and most of them are hibernate related questions.

Next day HR called for face to face interview and they book flight & hotel for 1 day, they almost spend $800.

In onsite interview - first round is about testing your designing skills.

In second round - they asked algorithms.

Then they will take you for lunch in their cafeteria.

Then its formal manage round - it is not technical. Then HR will take you for the office tour.

Interview Questions

• Design ParkingLot including database model and vehicles can be Car/Suv/Truck and Electrical cars.   2 Answers
    • Input is "Hello" , output is "Holle". All vowels should be replaced in reverse order.   2 Answers
    • How you will find an element in binary search tree.   2 Answers
    • Given number like 123, print the sum of all permutations (123 + 132 + 231 + 213+ 321+ 312)   2 Answers

Front End Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in June 2019.

Interview

They first sent an online coding test, which was a good challenge and not too time consumptive. Then a phone screen was conducted. In person interview followed and I got to meet the project I would be working on's dev team and then a separate interview immediately after with the project manager (seemed like a very cool team). The questions were average difficulty and I felt like they gauged my skills pretty well. I received a very good offer that was much more than I asked for, but unfortunately had to decline for personal reasons. Overall I was very pleased with the process and would definitely re explore options here in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your current Git branching strategy like?   1 Answer
    • Who is someone at your current work that you look up to/admire?   1 Answer