KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Overstock.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 226 of over 226 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Overstock.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

I applied online at Overstock.com. I had an initial call with a recruiter, then an interview with a few members of the team I applied for, a brief project overview, and then a final meeting with 3 different department heads. This whole process took about a month. During the final interview, I was told that they were no longer considering me for the role I had applied for, and were now interviewing me for something different. I was told I would receive a final decision from them within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email from a recruiter saying that they thought I would be a good fit for a different role than what was discussed during the final interview, and they wanted me to start over in the interview process. Overall, I did not have a good experience interviewing at Overstock. While I enjoyed speaking to different team members, I wish they had been more honest about what role they were hiring me for.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us more about your background
    Answer Question

Overstock.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

Started with a phone screening invitation. and wait for several days to get the call scheduled. I talked with the recruiter who shared about the product, and what the team is looking for and asked about my experience and brief project walkthrough

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Overstock.com

Interview

First interview was with a couple guys discussing general programming terms, languages, etc. Typical questions regarding resume, work history, etc. Overall, both guys were really nice and the interview went extremely well and was a great experience. Second interview was a two part interview. First was an hour long “design interview” that to me had nothing to do with design. They weren’t prepared (which didn’t seem to be their fault as they were alerted last minute, but that reflects on the company still). It included some small css changes, toy problems, general questions, etc. Second part was white boarding in react with a Pokémon api and simple counter application. Worst interview I’ve ever had with any couple. Both guys in my opinion came across as I was completely wasting their time, extremely ego headed, etc. I cannot say enough how much they made me feel completely and utterly like crap. Worst experience I’ve ever had. Another issue was the interview wasn’t like what I was told to prepare for when I asked how I could prepare and what technologies and such I should review and go over

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in Apr 2022

Interview

The Recruiting Manager proactively contacted me over LinkedIn, and I agreed to interview for the role. The first round was a pleasant 1:1 Wednesday conversation with the Manager himself who said several times that he liked what he heard. At the end of that call we discussed scheduling the "final" interview which was to be a half-day battery of video meetings with his entire team, and he insisted that it occur that following Monday (despite my rather full work calendar for that day), because he'd be on vacation the rest of that week. I consented, and we managed to pepper all these interviews throughout the day between my work appointments. The interactions in those meetings were pleasant, although one of their more senior Recruiters did give off an awfully aggressive vibe, like he was trying to make it clear who the Alpha was (ok bud). There was also a segment wherein we discussed Diversity & Inclusion in hiring, which I greatly appreciate that they've adopted that as a major goal, but in that meeting they demonstrated a troublesome misunderstanding of how to go about it. They were visibly and audibly flummoxed when I spoke about how D&I hiring efforts begin at the top during resource planning and constructing the job requirements themselves, keeping in mind disparities and representation problems in IT. If they were seeking an answer that didn't emphasize that part, then they're doing it very very wrong. So following the interview, there was a week and a half of dead air (the Manager's vacation plus a few days for them to offer the job to someone else) before I received an impersonal automated letter telling me the job was filled. In conclusion, on balance the team is nice, smart, and well-meaning, but they still managed to turn this process into a negative experience.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly requests for real-world examples of typical recruiting experiences.
2 people found this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in Apr 2022

Interview

6 rounds 1. Screening 2. Coding 3. System design 4. Behavioral 5. Cultural fit 6. Behavioral + technical Pretty exhausting interview process. Too much negotiations on salary before the final interview. Recruiter messed up the whole process. All the technical rounds were taken by one team, the position was for different team altogether.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Overstock.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was thorough but timely. Intro with recruiter -> intro with management -> technical with management -> behavioral with SRE team. The overall process was very enjoyable and my recruiter was especially awesome and helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
  • General SRE topics regarding high availability, building to scale, intermediate Linux, scripting experience. I marked the difficulty as "Average" because I feel like most interviews for this kind of position have become more difficult lately due to the wide variety of skills necessary for SRE.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2022

Interview

A short call with HR, 1-hour session (zoom) with two managers, 1 hour (zoom) technical assessment on a live server, and 1-hour session (zoom) with the team to measure cultural fit.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How would you check open ports on linux

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Monroeville, PA) in Mar 2022

Interview

I had a fantastic and comfortable interview process. they had great communication before and after the interview. I was told why I wasn't given the job afterward. They also told me what I need to work on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by recruiter fairly quickly and set up an in person interview. After the interview I was offered the job via email and asked for start date, etc.

Interview Questions
  • “If your manager asked you to do something that you didn’t know how to do, how would you go about next steps?”

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in Nov 2021

Interview

It was okay and quick, straight to the point about the job and fast questions. The interview wasn’t really positive just more neutral I didn’t want to take the job base on the neutral interview and wasn’t really a vibe I liked

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 226 Interviews

Overstock.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Overstock.com as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Business Intelligence Developer and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Marketing Analyst and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Overstock.com takes an average of 17 days when considering 244 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 8 days), whereas Business Intelligence Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 11 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Overstock.com according to 244 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.37%