Overstock.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Overstock.com Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com in September 2015.

Interview

The process to get a interview was fairly typical. First i submitted resume online through overstocks website. I was contacted by a recruiter through email and was chosen to do a one-way video interview. I never received additional information after the one-way video.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

Phone interview plus face to face interview. The process was slow as it took more than a month for the face to face interview. The technical phone screen was not that difficult, but then there was a skill test at the onsite interview as well plus a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a written technical test and then an in person panel interview   Answer Question

Paid Search Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a panel interview over the phone. When I arrived for the in-person interview, the entire experience was impersonal. There was no preparation for their "testing" which was in front of about four peers. The office is new on the outside but dated on the inside. It was an unsettling experience.

Senior Director Interview

Interview

First interview was a phone interview - the first time I've ever had an interview where the interviewer was a no-show. I left a message and an email with their HR department and a few days later they apologized for the interviewer not calling and re-scheduled. I thought that interview went well, and I was told they wanted me to come in and meet the VP. I tried several times to schedule that meeting, but the HR department said the VP was too busy and they would contact me in a few weeks when his schedule cleared up. Next thing I know, I get an email saying they have chosen a different candidate. If your not interested, just tell me - I can take it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience with big data projects. Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The interview actually felt very comfortable.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening, great questions and not just behavioral questions. They want to know if you can do the job and how you want to grow. Second interview was on-site, I interviewed with 2 different teams, 3 different supervisors and the director. Very exceptional interviews and ensures that buy-in happens from your teammates from day one. -- Then they took me out to lunch with three managers. This was one of the best interview processes I have been apart of recently.

Interview Questions

• Off the top of your head, what is 15% of 90?   1 Answer

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Online video questions are step 1, followed by phone interview with team manager, from there if you have made it to round 3 an in office interview with all critical managers of the team is held in a 2 hour process rotating through different team members with very involved questioning and conversation.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. They did an interview and skills assessment. The place I did my skills assessment was in a high traffic area and it was hard to focus on the skills assessment.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was an hour long meeting. Starting with the usual interview type questions about myself, schooling, and previous work experience. The second half of the interview was a SQL whiteboard test consisting of being given a simple ERD and then being asked various questions about how to acquire the needed data. Each subsequent question built on the previous and required different grouping/sorting options along with knowing how to treat null values.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Great Interview Phone Interview. Was asked about my past experience and the basic H.R. interview questions. Didn't feel rushed and I was allowed to ask as many questions that came to mind. Surprisingly, the recruiter knew a lot about the role and could provide me with a lot of detailed information and what I could expect. One draw back from the conversation was when I mentioned relocation? It was not…

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Is a 4 1/2 hour interview. You talk with two or three people at a time, and they rotate every hour or so. They do take you out to lunch. They ask difficult coding questions, you might even call them trick questions. You must consider edge cases in your answer. It seems that the "textbook" solution is often not the correct solution due to the edge cases in their scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What are some important things to consider when designing a RESTful web service?   Answer Question