Overstock.com Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Overstock.com Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a request for Hirevue (online interview). Initial screening from a manager of the team and then was called in for an hour and a half interview with team mates, Manager and the director. Everything seemed positive and after a couple of hours I sent a thank you email to the HR and her response was positive too.

I hadn't received any feedback on the day the HR promised to get back . I emailed her the next day and she wanted me to take the hirevue again for another team and I was extremely confused. I replied back asking her for the feedback of the interview and she did not reply back the next couple of days. I then received another offer from some other company and left her a voicemail saying that I am still waiting on the interview feedback to make a final decision.

Again no reply for a couple of days, again emailed her about the offer and she finally replied back saying that I need to come in for another interview. I accepted that too thinking that it was the next step. Then she made clear that this was not the next step but a completely new interview for another team. And she added that the team I interviewed for had recruited some one else.

Do they not think that I needed a formal reply that I did not get through the interview. So much of confusion, absolutely zero professionalism. I would never interview again with overstock.

Interview Questions

• Experience based qns,
    what models would you build for certain situations. What would you do to make a campaign better
    Hypothetical scenario based questions and what steps need to be taken improve customer retention
    Why overstock and why this position
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

The Recruiter described a few different jobs that the Marketing Analyst could fall under and asked me to take a Digital Interview after our phone call. That was really unique. Heard back within a few days with news that they wanted to speak to me about another role. They emphasized that they feel I had the right "Culture Fit" and are assessing which roles might be best for me in the meantime. Overstock seems like a really cool place to be now.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews over the phone, and a third one where they flew me on site. They did a great job to be transparent about the culture, my responsibilities, and I felt made it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I felt prepared so this didn't seem an issue for me. I felt comfortable the whole time and just talked about my experiences and skills, and that's really all they wanted to know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took what they gave me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2010.

Interview

My first interview consisted of a phone interview with a current Marketing Analyst within the company. This interview covered the basic statistics understanding as well as basic web metrics understanding. Mostly personal questions were asked and then advice was given for the second follow-up interview that would be in person.

A couple weeks passed from phone interview to in-person interview. In this interview I was given 20 minutes to prepare a presentation for the analytics team. I had two options one being a printout of the Overstock.com homepage and I was to determine what enhancements or changes could be made and the other being a set of data for 3 weeks and I was to create metrics and present them. I chose the data set. I presented my findings to a group of about 6-7 and answered questions from each of them regarding my resume and skills. After the presentation I was then 1-1 with the manager and asked several more questions. Two weeks later I was informed a more qualified individual had been selected. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• In the conversion metric the revenues are increasing but the revenue per order is decreasing. What might be the cause?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was pretty casual, not much of a structure. Had about 4 2-on-1s, then a 30-minute with the SVP. Questions ranged from experience questions to case questions to quick-math questions. Seems like each interviewer had his or her own things that they looked for, nothing consistent. Probably the largest focus was on my analytic abilities - what tools I had used, what data I had worked with, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room - was able to negotiate an additional 7%, but not much.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

Started off with initial phone screens, then brought in for several 2-on-1 interviews. Some of the easier interview questions I've been asked. Nothing extremely technical, more focused on fit. They do have a lot of business scenario questions - stuff focused on how you think about margin, volume, costs, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a little, not much.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com in September 2009.

Interview

Asked what my schooling was. Asked a lot of wierd questions like how many golf balls can you fit in this room and how would you do it? What my skills are in computers. What would you change on the website if you could. What kind of errors have you seen on the website, and how would you fix them.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can you fit in this room and how would you do it.   1 Answer
    • what is your favorite food   1 Answer