Overstock.com Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

2.8

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked questions on why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. Some of the responsibilities of the position. Times that the job schedule would be for. Did I like answering questions for the customer.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by overstock.com. The interview process was fast, 1st Phone interview on Friday, 2nd Phone interview on Monday, in-person interview on Thursday.

I cut my vacation short to come back into town so I could do the in-person interview on Thursday. Had the interview at 10 AM. Once the second set of people came in they informed me the interview would be over by 11 AM as they had a meeting (I was scheduled to be there until 12). I had expressed that certain technical skills were rusty but I was still asked about how I would write some SQL. Fine and I should have brushed up beforehand but I did not realize how important they felt this was to the job. Again, fine.

The reason I gave this a negative review is after all of this and them being aware of my cutting my vacation short I get this email latter that day:

"Thanks so much for your interest in working with us! We know you have many options when seeking employment and feel privileged that you chose us as a potential employer. Unfortunately, at this time we have decided to move forward with other candidates. Should something change on our side we will not hesitate to contact you.

We wish you every personal and professional success with your job search and in the future. Please do not hesitate to apply with us in the future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at careers@overstock.com.

People Care"

I don't believe "People Care"

After someone has made an effort, spent their own time and money could they not at least fake that it had come from the recruiter that I had been dealing with? I think this is symbolic of how they would treat me as an employee so I am happy to not have been selected. Note to companies: don't treat people that interview with you like disposable items. First, you never know who they know, you may find out it was just a bad interview and want them back someday, and plenty of other reasons to treat employees and potential employees as valued humans.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a SQL query to pull up states? (Interviewer said the question is purposefully vague).   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very professional but casual. I was in a large conference room and met with 3-4 different people during the process. I then met with the VP of people care and was able to ask him the direction of the company and how I could help fulfill that vision.

Interview Questions

• What are you career aspirations?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Very robust, lots of in-depth questions, really an opportunity for me to share my experience while learning about Overstock. A bit long overall. I applied early in the year, but, did not get a call back until April - there was a change going on in their recruiting department I guess. A bit slow to respond to my questions (recruiter), but, overall was very informative and easy to talk to. The actual day of interviews was go go go. I was out of stage, they treated me well bringing me in and making sure my accommodations were good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Onsite Interview - Two rounds of technical discussion followed by Director round . The first round panel asked the below question , but the question was not correct .The way he suggested also its not feasible ,In the end he agreed its not feasible based on his approach ,but still give the negative feedback which is shocking

Interview Questions

• Q.Graph problem to find the reachable nodes based on Neighbor nodes function , The input to method is any node/vertex   1 Answer

Senior Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was thorough, technical and to the resume. It was very cordial. The interviewers help you out whenever you are stuck. There will be Preliminary Questionaire, telephonic technical round, onsite technical and HR rounds. There will be a white board to show write and show some selenium codes as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain project architecture - Validating XSD - How MQs work, how to analyse any failure in MQ, Run test cases in multiple browsers in Selenium, Core Java Questions on Inheritance, Diff. between HTTP and Web Socket protocols, JavaScript in Selenium, Rest - HTTP codes to test for PUT and Post, JDBC steps to SQL, Assert Vs Verify, Unix - TOP, CHMOD, VI, GREP, PID etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Fraud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I received a request for a on-sight interview and meet with Manager, assistant manager, and a team lead. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

The Recruiter described a few different jobs that the Marketing Analyst could fall under and asked me to take a Digital Interview after our phone call. That was really unique. Heard back within a few days with news that they wanted to speak to me about another role. They emphasized that they feel I had the right "Culture Fit" and are assessing which roles might be best for me in the meantime. Overstock seems like a really cool place to be now.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Great people, great environment. I don't have anything bad to say. Everyone was very friendly and welcome me. I was very excited to receive an offer. This was one of the best places I have ever interviewed at.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process started with a questioner send to me in mail. Then called me for an onsite interview and it was a 3 hours two teams interviewed me. Basic questions was asked about the testing process and SQL , Automation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL Question , Testing Process and Automation , Scenario based testing questions   Answer Question