Overstock.com Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

The flew me from houston, took care of my accommodation as well. Interviewers were extremely polite and friendly. Help was given whenever I was stuck in a problem. There was a lunch interview as well which consisted of personality related questions.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the regular Data Structures/ Algorithm type questions. One question which bummed me was ....If Larry Ellison calls and asks you what more would you like to add in Java(core) ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com.

Interview

The role was advertised on LinkedIn and I applied using Workday. They responded to my application after a few weeks and invited me for interview. There was flexibility around interview dates and times. The interview panel had three senior employees and the interview began by means of an introduction to the company and its goals. This was followed by a whiteboard exercise and then a talk through of my C.V. and experience. There was opportunity to ask questions at the end. The interview lasted for an hour and they informed me of the outcome after a few days.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in December 2012.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter, filled out a java questionnaire. They scheduled a phone interview with two of their engineers/team leads.

Interview Questions

• Questions are about my resume, past projects that I did. Technical questions are focused on java: eqauls() and hashcode(), generics, difference between equals and ==, how to sort, difference between set, map, list, Annotations, and some database questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online got a call in 2 weeks , had phone interview followed by onsite interview. Questions were java related and the previous work experience. Also included a technical question on trees which they expected you to code on the white board...overall experience was very nice and they were quick in following up...

Interview Questions

• diff bet hascode equals, java 1.5 features and one technical Q on BST.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com in March 2011.

Interview

I was not really not prepared. I would have answered all the questions they asked now!

Resume walk through was easy..a couple of standard java questions..