Overstock.com Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Very robust, lots of in-depth questions, really an opportunity for me to share my experience while learning about Overstock. A bit long overall. I applied early in the year, but, did not get a call back until April - there was a change going on in their recruiting department I guess. A bit slow to respond to my questions (recruiter), but, overall was very informative and easy to talk to. The actual day of interviews was go go go. I was out of stage, they treated me well bringing me in and making sure my accommodations were good.

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by overstock.com. The interview process was fast, 1st Phone interview on Friday, 2nd Phone interview on Monday, in-person interview on Thursday.

I cut my vacation short to come back into town so I could do the in-person interview on Thursday. Had the interview at 10 AM. Once the second set of people came in they informed me the interview would be over by 11 AM as they had a meeting (I was scheduled to be there until 12). I had expressed that certain technical skills were rusty but I was still asked about how I would write some SQL. Fine and I should have brushed up beforehand but I did not realize how important they felt this was to the job. Again, fine.

The reason I gave this a negative review is after all of this and them being aware of my cutting my vacation short I get this email latter that day:

"Thanks so much for your interest in working with us! We know you have many options when seeking employment and feel privileged that you chose us as a potential employer. Unfortunately, at this time we have decided to move forward with other candidates. Should something change on our side we will not hesitate to contact you.

We wish you every personal and professional success with your job search and in the future. Please do not hesitate to apply with us in the future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at careers@overstock.com.

People Care"

I don't believe "People Care"

After someone has made an effort, spent their own time and money could they not at least fake that it had come from the recruiter that I had been dealing with? I think this is symbolic of how they would treat me as an employee so I am happy to not have been selected. Note to companies: don't treat people that interview with you like disposable items. First, you never know who they know, you may find out it was just a bad interview and want them back someday, and plenty of other reasons to treat employees and potential employees as valued humans.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a SQL query to pull up states? (Interviewer said the question is purposefully vague).   1 Answer

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (West Valley City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

When I was hired 4 years ago the hiring process consisted of emailing HR my resume.I came in to the, then, corporate office and had a guy with terrible breathe have me listen to a few calls and tell him if they were bad or good and showed him that I could navigate a website

Interview Questions

• I came in to the, then, corporate office and had a guy with terrible breathe have me listen to a few calls and tell him if they were bad or good and showed him that I could navigate a website   Answer Question

Team Lead Fraud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I received a request for a on-sight interview and meet with Manager, assistant manager, and a team lead. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was only a recorded video and honestly I think the process is lazy on the employer end. Interviews are stressful enough, but recording yourself is a whole new level. I spent a lot of time preparing for the video, where recruiters can cut the video in 5 seconds if they don't like what they see. I would much rather prefer a 20 minute in-person interview, being able to pick up on social cues and have a conversation. I don't think recorded videos give a very good, nor accurate view of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using research to make decisions?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Onsite Interview - Two rounds of technical discussion followed by Director round . The first round panel asked the below question , but the question was not correct .The way he suggested also its not feasible ,In the end he agreed its not feasible based on his approach ,but still give the negative feedback which is shocking

Interview Questions

• Q.Graph problem to find the reachable nodes based on Neighbor nodes function , The input to method is any node/vertex   1 Answer

Senior Prouct Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview that went very well. Then I was scheduled for about 3 hours of interviews and lunch with the head of the department at the end. After two hours of interviews that seemed to go well with people at all levels, the head of the department showed up and cancelled the last part (lunch meeting interview) saying that her plans had changed. I asked if she at least had any questions I could answer and she refused to ask me anything. Weird! They send me an email later that day saying that they had gone with a different applicant (which was a lie because they reposted the position shortly after).

Interview Questions

• Everything and anything about UX design, product roadmap, backlog, and development that you can think of.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

The Recruiter described a few different jobs that the Marketing Analyst could fall under and asked me to take a Digital Interview after our phone call. That was really unique. Heard back within a few days with news that they wanted to speak to me about another role. They emphasized that they feel I had the right "Culture Fit" and are assessing which roles might be best for me in the meantime. Overstock seems like a really cool place to be now.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens and then I had an on-site interview. I first met with a group of people and then met with the director who ultimately was the one making the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Analytical competency questions to see if you can think on your feet. Excel and SQL questions to gauge level of proficiency.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Great people, great environment. I don't have anything bad to say. Everyone was very friendly and welcome me. I was very excited to receive an offer. This was one of the best places I have ever interviewed at.