Overstock.com Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

2.8

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview -> Onsite 4 rounds->offer accepted.
    Overall great experience and recruiting team were efficient in arranging calls, travel and information transfer. The questions were about generic product ROI and product requirement. There were 4 rounds of panel interview onsite and the interviewers were great.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

This process was extremely slow and ended up being a waste of my time. My first phone interview was a generic get-to-know you with HR. That was fine. The second interview was with an outside consultant, who ended up missing the phone call. I should have taken this as a sign. He emailed me and asked if I could chat later that day, so I cleared my schedule to chat. After this conversation, I was asked to fly out to interview on site. This was fine but every interview felt rushed. I was told they would get back to me within a week or so. It took six weeks for them to finally get back to me and let me know they were pursuing other candidates. The whole process took 2.5 months. This was extremely frustrating.

Interview Questions

• If you could manage any category at Overstock, which one would you choose to manage and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process started with a questioner send to me in mail. Then called me for an onsite interview and it was a 3 hours two teams interviewed me. Basic questions was asked about the testing process and SQL , Automation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL Question , Testing Process and Automation , Scenario based testing questions   Answer Question

Global Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked questions on why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. Some of the responsibilities of the position. Times that the job schedule would be for. Did I like answering questions for the customer.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was done through an app. Using the app was fine, but it was awkward talking to a camera instead of conversing with a human being. Waited about a week before they got back to me.

Senior Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was thorough, technical and to the resume. It was very cordial. The interviewers help you out whenever you are stuck. There will be Preliminary Questionaire, telephonic technical round, onsite technical and HR rounds. There will be a white board to show write and show some selenium codes as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain project architecture - Validating XSD - How MQs work, how to analyse any failure in MQ, Run test cases in multiple browsers in Selenium, Core Java Questions on Inheritance, Diff. between HTTP and Web Socket protocols, JavaScript in Selenium, Rest - HTTP codes to test for PUT and Post, JDBC steps to SQL, Assert Vs Verify, Unix - TOP, CHMOD, VI, GREP, PID etc.   Answer Question

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Smooth easy & quick! My recruiter at Overstock helped me prepare for my Interview what they want to see what their "ideal candidate looks like". Which led to me prepare a lot longer and more creative when I approached my onsite interview with the team. I came with answers to and questions better than I usually have in the past

Interview Questions

• What have I learned most over my career?
      If I were to own the company which direction would I take it?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Midvale, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews were done. First one was with the recruiter, then one with the department team supervisors/managers and last one was with the main department manager. Getting through the online application filter program is the hardest though. It did take a long time to get through the whole interview process, which is normal with the Tech industry.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as past career experiences, future goals etc. Nothing too complex. There was an Excel spreadsheet test that had to be completed before the interviews.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very professional but casual. I was in a large conference room and met with 3-4 different people during the process. I then met with the VP of people care and was able to ask him the direction of the company and how I could help fulfill that vision.

Interview Questions

• What are you career aspirations?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Very robust, lots of in-depth questions, really an opportunity for me to share my experience while learning about Overstock. A bit long overall. I applied early in the year, but, did not get a call back until April - there was a change going on in their recruiting department I guess. A bit slow to respond to my questions (recruiter), but, overall was very informative and easy to talk to. The actual day of interviews was go go go. I was out of stage, they treated me well bringing me in and making sure my accommodations were good.