Overstock.com Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

2.8

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was basically searching for ETL Developer positions and came to know about this position in Glassdoor. Though the required tools and technologies were Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Integrator and Microstrategy, somehow I have applied for the position as I wanted to take a chance as I am basically an Informatica ETL developer. Recruiter emailed me saying that the hiring panel was impressed by my resume ( I did not fake anything in my resume just stuck to the Informatica part).

I have answered all the questions with examples but they have sent me a automated reject mail the next day after the interview. I believe they rejected me because of my less hands on experience using the above mentioned tools except Informatica Powercenter.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you come know about the position?
      2. Why did you leave your current job and why are you interested in this position?
      3. Tell me about yourself
      4. Describe your professional experience, explain your roles and responsibilities in the previous/current job.
      5. How would you rate yourself in SQL out of 10?
      6. Describe SCD Type 2 and Type 3 dimensions with examples.
      7. What is CDC (Change Data Capture)? Can you explain with examples?
      8. Explain about conformed, degenerate and junk dimensions with examples
      9. Explain Fact less fact table, Transaction fact table and Accumulated snapshot fact table with examples
      10. What is Ralph Kimball’s Data Warehouse approach?
      11. Explain Snow Flake schema and Star schema with examples? Which one of the both schemas are normalized and de-normalized? Which schema design would you prefer in a real time environment?
      12. Is Star schema preferred or Snow flake schema preferred? Explain and support your answer.
      13. With what type of Schema have your worked previously?
      14. Are you aware of Analytic functions in PL/SQL? List out different analytic functions and explain why are they used in real time?
      15. What is RowNumber function in PL/SQL?
      16. What are Rank and Dense Rank functions in PL/SQL? Explain the difference between them?   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Did a video interview and was asked to do a group interview a few weeks later where we were asked to introduce ourselves and play a game. The concept of the game was to move ping pong balls through a process. The game lasted about 20 min and that was the end of the interview.

Customer Service/Quality Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very brief interview took a typing test also I was asked what I did in my previous employment and why I chose overstock.com. I answered that I was told about over stock.com by a current employees that work there and was told good things about overstock.com.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a bad situation that you turned around to be a good situation at your previous employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was actually no negotiations when you first start at overstock.com you are told that you will work nights and weekends you are also told that once you are there for a while that you can put in a request for days but still work weekends. There was no negotiation regarding rate of pay as it was pretty standard across the board for new customer service agents.

Senior Prouct Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview that went very well. Then I was scheduled for about 3 hours of interviews and lunch with the head of the department at the end. After two hours of interviews that seemed to go well with people at all levels, the head of the department showed up and cancelled the last part (lunch meeting interview) saying that her plans had changed. I asked if she at least had any questions I could answer and she refused to ask me anything. Weird! They send me an email later that day saying that they had gone with a different applicant (which was a lie because they reposted the position shortly after).

Interview Questions

• Everything and anything about UX design, product roadmap, backlog, and development that you can think of.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was done through an app. Using the app was fine, but it was awkward talking to a camera instead of conversing with a human being. Waited about a week before they got back to me.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went well, friendly interviewers. Chatted informally a lot, but eventually asked the harder questions. Had a chance to ask my own questions. Seemed very open and friendly. Walked away feeling confident. Office environment seemed open and active.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate. Seemed like a fair offer. Wish I had asked for slightly higher salary.

Demand Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Cottonwood Heights, UT).

Interview

The one interview question that was bogus was the interview question where they ask you a quantitive question that is impossible to complete. The solution is literally impossible. They have you spend 30 minutes with each person and its 5 hours long.

Interview Questions

• They sit you down in a room and give you a problem with 20 minutes to come up with an inventory replenishment solution without running out of cash.   Answer Question

Photo Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Digital interview and called the next day for face to face interview. Four interviewers in the room and wanted to know about background and experience and why I wanted the job

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Started out with a 30 minute phone interview where I was asked about knowledge regarding HTML, CSS and JavaScript. About 3 days after the phone interview I was contacted to set up a 90 minute on site interview. The on site interview was more questions about HTML, CSS and JavaScript, in addition to questions about my personality, and doing some test coding on a whiteboard. I was contacted 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a web designer gives you a design, but the font used is not a standard font used in CSS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the end of the interview they asked me my salary requirements. I gave them a $5,000.00 range, and they offered me at the top of my range. No negotiations needed.

Content Moderation Interview

Application

Interview

I had an email request for an interview which I didn't see for weeks Then I finally had a phone interview first, and then an in-person interview. Both were with two individuals, my supervisor and my predecessor.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses.   1 Answer