Overstock.com Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Content Moderation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an email request for an interview which I didn't see for weeks Then I finally had a phone interview first, and then an in-person interview. Both were with two individuals, my supervisor and my predecessor.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Paid Search Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a panel interview over the phone. When I arrived for the in-person interview, the entire experience was impersonal. There was no preparation for their "testing" which was in front of about four peers. The office is new on the outside but dated on the inside. It was an unsettling experience.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening, great questions and not just behavioral questions. They want to know if you can do the job and how you want to grow. Second interview was on-site, I interviewed with 2 different teams, 3 different supervisors and the director. Very exceptional interviews and ensures that buy-in happens from your teammates from day one. -- Then they took me out to lunch with three managers. This was one of the best interview processes I have been apart of recently.

Interview Questions

• Off the top of your head, what is 15% of 90?   1 Answer

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Online video questions are step 1, followed by phone interview with team manager, from there if you have made it to round 3 an in office interview with all critical managers of the team is held in a 2 hour process rotating through different team members with very involved questioning and conversation.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. They did an interview and skills assessment. The place I did my skills assessment was in a high traffic area and it was hard to focus on the skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• What previous customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was an hour long meeting. Starting with the usual interview type questions about myself, schooling, and previous work experience. The second half of the interview was a SQL whiteboard test consisting of being given a simple ERD and then being asked various questions about how to acquire the needed data. Each subsequent question built on the previous and required different grouping/sorting options along with knowing how to treat null values.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Great Interview Phone Interview. Was asked about my past experience and the basic H.R. interview questions. Didn't feel rushed and I was allowed to ask as many questions that came to mind. Surprisingly, the recruiter knew a lot about the role and could provide me with a lot of detailed information and what I could expect. One draw back from the conversation was when I mentioned relocation? It was not…

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Is a 4 1/2 hour interview. You talk with two or three people at a time, and they rotate every hour or so. They do take you out to lunch. They ask difficult coding questions, you might even call them trick questions. You must consider edge cases in your answer. It seems that the "textbook" solution is often not the correct solution due to the edge cases in their scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What are some important things to consider when designing a RESTful web service?   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called by one of the recruiting agency and told about requirement in Ovestock for Software Tester(automation/manual) for full time opportunity. Once I confirmed the interest I was asked to fill in and send QA questionnaire mostly consisted of my experience in QA, development & automation. After a week I was contacted that my Resume is shortlisted for phone interview and I was interviewed for an hour by two gentlemen questions consisted based on my resume, my current experience, SQL & Unix.After couple of days I was told that I cleared the phone interview and got a invite for onsite interview. Overstock booked the flight ticket and hotel to stay. I landed in Salt lake city Sunday night and next morning on Monday interview started at 10 am lasted till 2.30 pm with 5 rounds of interview(3 technical, 30 mins lunch social interview/discussion & 30 mins director interview).
    1st Interview was taken by two gentlemen for an hour they were QA leads and interviewed me on my resume, current project & asked me all detailed questions on current work I am doing, methodologies, processes, tools and my involvement in the assignment.

2nd Interview was taken by development people and asked me detailed web application scenario based question on test design and test approach also asked few questions on selenium webdriver.

3rd one was lunch with 2 people which had formal discussions for 30 mins.

4th round was again technical QA round which consisted questions on SQL,Unix, automation. They asked me to go over java code and asked me to explain. I also asked to come up with test scenarios for one of their process.

5th round was with director and he explained health insurance package and several other information about overstock and asked me about salary expectations. at 2.30 pm cab was waiting outside the building and I was taken back to airport and then flight back home.
    During all this process all the people I met was so friendly and nice to me. I did not felt once that why I came to this place. During all interviews if I am not able to come to the answer that they are expecting, they would try and direct me to correct direction and help. Everyone was so professional and no arrogance at all. It was good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Requested and offered was almost the same so did not negotiated, they offered pretty good reallocation bonus so it was win-win situation. plus they pay the Visa transfer fees if applicable.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Very brief, no real depth to the interview. I only met with two very senior people.They would clearly take any warm body. I feel that they had already made the decision to hire based upon my resume and that the interview was just a formality. The onsite interview only lasted just over an hour.