Owens Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Owens Corning Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, receive a email schdueled a time for interview. Talked with 4-5 poeple together. Most of questions are tech questions, and describe previous projects. Future plan and why fit the position

Interview Questions

• describe your self, talk about previous projects, ask detail of your won contribution in projects. How you deal with failure and challenges   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Toledo, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very disappointing experience. I applied online, contacted by a recruiter two weeks later for a phone interview. Then came the strange part: that recruiter never showed up. I had to call multiple times later that day for reschedule, but it just didn't work because we scheduled three times and the recruiter missed them all.

In the last time, I called the manager and ask for help. The manager did help me connected with the recruiter and had a 25 min interview, went well, but that was it. No follow up (after I called), no respond to e-mail, even no reject letter. Such an unprofessional organization appeared to me and the fact that I wanted this position badly made it sting so much. Every time the interview was rescheduled, I spent more than 2 hrs preparing them. So what they did was very disrespectful to my time and effort.

Interview Questions

Owens Corning Response

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Every candidate is important to us, no matter the outcome, so I regret that you had a negative experience with Owens Corning. I do appreciate you voicing your feedback ... More

TPM Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens Corning in July 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview for role of TPM Engineer. They needed a candidate who had experience in improving processes with a lot of interaction with the hourly employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you gauge your mentoring skills? How do you know you are on the right track?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you motivated shop floor employees and improved a process?   Answer Question
    • When was the time you felt proud/satisfied during your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad that overall, you had a positive experience!

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Joplin, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Despite my not being selected to proceed with more interviews, the talent acquisition recruiter was kind, professional and respectful throughout the process. Just a few hours after I applied for the position on their website, she contacted me by email to set up a phone interview with her.
    The interview went well enough for me to be asked to complete a HireVue web based interview. That was simply sitting in front of my webcam and providing answers to a few basic questions that were displayed on the screen.
    After about six weeks, I received an email stating that while I wouldn't be asked to proceed, they would like to keep my resume on file.
    Overall good experience with using their website to apply and check on status of my application. Prompt and courteous back and forth communication with HR during process. Two thumbs up for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an innovative "think outside the box" approach you've taken in order to resolve a problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you so much for the review. We are thrilled that you found our recruiters to be professional and kind.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

You're interviewed by a panel of four where they alternate, each asking a specific question in relation to my job history. Also, they ask about if you are willing to work in a rotating shift ( days/swing/graveyard shift) where they change on a weekly basis.

Interview Questions

• It was a management question, and how I have dealt with team members that are not team players/contributors   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

it took about 1 hour, very friendly manner. had a phone screen with the HR manager and she ask lots of questions about past job background information. then she emailed me for the second interview. it was by multiple people, but everything was very nice and easy.

Interview Questions

• past experiences, achievements from past jobs and future goals   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for the review, and welcome to Owens Corning!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email for an interview. 2 phone interviews each about 20 minutes. Very relaxed and interviewer was friendly. Got an offer by phone. Then an official one by email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a good experience!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Toledo, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an interview in the fall of 2015 which didn't lead to anything but I was called back in for an interview in the spring of 2016 which I got an offer from! I got the offer not more than two days after the interview. Interview questions were the same as all of the other ones listed on here!

Interview Questions

• What was a time you worked in a group and not everyone did their part?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer they gave right away because it was more than I had expected.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Needed to prepare a presentation in front of a group. Met with multiple people including lunch with the team. It was a pleasant experience meeting with everyone at the site.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had too much to do how did you handle it   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The typical process for a mid-level engineering job. The first phase was a phone screen with HR and the hiring manager. Should this go well, it was to be followed by an on-site interview. The interviewers were polite and asked the usual sort of questions but also provided detailed background on the activities at the site and the work processes of the company. Rather that the usual half hour, they allotted an hour so there was plenty of time for me to ask questions. Overall the interviewer were open an professional.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers asked whether or not I would be satisfied in an individual contributor role, as the role i was interviewing for was IC, rather than a role that had direct reports as my previous role had.   Answer Question
    • The interviewers asked about if I would be satisfied with a slightly lower pay range than my previous role.   1 Answer

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that overall, you found your interview experience to be positive.