Owens-Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Owens-Illinois Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in July 2015.

Interview

Worked with company recruiter, multiple phone screenings and finally in person interview at the plant. Recruiters were very efficient and thorough. corporate phone interviews were detailed with a great deal of technical and work-life balance questions. Got a great feeling after interviewing with Corporate Leadership, but not so great at the plant level. Plant level seemed to be struggling and a bit unorganized. Local HR Manager dropped the ball with follow up process. Hard to get in contact with and did not always return calls. Advice is after you interview at the plant and you like the opportunity, get multiple contact numbers. I asked for business cards and got several. Plant Manager personally called to extend offer which I thought was a nice personal touch.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your best accomplishments concerning process improvement   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Windsor, CO).

Interview

interviewed with hr and warehouse supervisor.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Toledo, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

Communications were clear and contacts were available for logistics and directions. Interview was in-depth with international executive. Expectation was less than 1 hour, however questions and discussion initiated by primary interviewer extended to 1.5 hours and included broad perspective questions as well as specific behavioural questions. Group interview was a more casual environment, probing into specific skill sets and background. People seemed genuinely excited about the company and the culture. The physical space was modern and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach moving the sales organization along the spectrum from more order-taking to more business / industry consulting?   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

worse experience ever . live a mile from plant thought was good place to work. Have had several friends who have worked their. Not same place anymore. Most unprofessional place I have ever applied for a job. No wonder they have such a big turnover

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with a staffing agency first, that wants people with Electrical Engineering Technology degrees and mechanical experience. Then I had a panel interview with two other a lead and his manager, who wanted someone that knows electronics and wants / knows hot to learn how stuff works and how to fix it, who also wants to work changing shifts and in hot enviroments

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you took charge of a project and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Perrysburg, OH).

Interview

Two different phone screens then in person interview with panel of people. They were all very prepared with specific questions. Everyone was very helpful in introducing how they interacted with the position I was interviewing for.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Muskogee, OK) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very generic and swift. Short screening call from the corporate office and then some fumbles on scheduling between corporate and the plant. The in-person interview seemed much more intriguing and promising.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had much experience with a strong union environment, as I know now it was because the union here essentially runs the plant. The questions raised some red flags in the back of my mind, but I brushed it off as a new industry.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Toledo, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

First Interviewed with Manager and Director and second interview with Director and HR Manager. Manager has in-depth technical knowledge but was friendly. Director asked questions on soft skill areas. The interview room was a conference room and one gets an opportunity to see the potential working area and environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work knowledge and experience.
      How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in February 2008.

Interview

I sent in my resume on the advice of a friend who works there. I was contacted about 3 weeks later from HR for a phone interview. The process was pretty normal, although the panel clearly consisted of people who could not care less. Big turn off. I was taken to the cafeteria for lunch, followed by a personality and IQ test that day. Was called a week later, brought in for a 1:1 which was better, but I didn't have a good feeling about the company. The work culture seemed fairly benign, the people nice, but showed a lot of wear and tear from present challenges of the company. I would research any company I applied to much more thoroughly before I agreed to any interview! Lesson learned.

Interview Questions

• How would you, personally, deal with cut-backs and belt tightening?   1 Answer

Didn't like the sense of low morale, and truly was turned off by the location.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Perrysburg, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview. Then I went to lunch with my future colleagues. Interview process is quite smooth and very efficient. A lot of questions about my resume and my previous experience. No very difficult and unexpect questions. Several days later I received a call from my manager. no negotiation on the salary. Several months I was on board.