Oxfam Program Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

Was emailed for a 1:1 interview with the position's supervisor. This was five or more months from when I applied to the position. The interview was for screening purposes and to make sure I was still interested and understood the position's expectation. 12 or 15 people were interviewed like this, I forget the exact number.

From what I can tell, 5 or fewer came back for a panel interview a week or two later. The interview included members of the team as well as other teams in the office, a department head, and an HR representative from Boston being video-ed in. Each person asked a question, for a total of 5 or 6 questions plus a few quick followups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Was then taken to fill out processing paperwork and info for background and reference checks. Was told the decision might come down to references.

Good experience, expect the from when I put in my application to when I was told another candidate was chosen took 6 months or more.

Interview Questions

• Why the position and why OXFAM?   Answer Question
  • Describe your understanding of the position's responsibility?   Answer Question
  • How you work with difficult personalities and bosses   Answer Question
  • What kind of supervisor you like and what kind of team environment you like.   Answer Question