Oxford Gene Technology Interview Questions in Oxford, England | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxford Gene Technology

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Gene Technology (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

The R&D coordinators presented the company (when it was founded, how big, working environment) and explained the research that they carry out. The interview was led by two researchers and was supposed to last 30 minutes (it took longer), followed by a tour of the labs by the current placement student.

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Gene Technology (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I found out about the opening through a recruiter, whom I contacted with my CV. When the company was interested, he set up an initial phone interview. Afterwards, I was asked to come to an in-person interview. All communication up to that point was through the recruiter. At the in-person interview, I gave a short (10-15 minute) presentation to the computational biology team, then answered questions about it and my background. Afterwards, I spoke with two senior members of the team, who asked me more about my background and interests.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some specific technical questions about the data that I presented in my talk, which I hadn't considered.   Answer Question

Research - Student Work Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Gene Technology (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

I was explained about the research group headed by the Director. It was a research position with their exploratory research team and they wanted a student for placement with molecular biology research experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of troubleshooting in an experiment ?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an experiment done in University Labs ?   Answer Question