Oxford Tutoring Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oxford Tutoring Center Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxford Tutoring Center

SES Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center.

Interview

First interview was a casual sit down about what I was looking for in a job, that process was only a few minutes as it seemed both of us ticked all the boxes. Just really easy things about my experience I already had and the hours I'd like to work.
    After those 7? Minutes were up he asked if I could take the assessment quiz on grammar and reading that I could complete either this day or another day soon. I chose to just get it over with and finish up. The test took just over 34 minutes for me. I thanked the manager and was told i'd be in contact very soon.
    The next day, I had received an acceptance email stating I'd come to orientation/training in the end of the week on Friday. I came in on that day early. Oddly to me, there were 5 people who showed up really late (tsk tsk). I think I saw that they still got the job, but I don't recommend coming to any training late and missing the lectures, it puts a bad impression on the hiring team. Luckily, the managers were nice about this. During the training, I was told we needed to take blood tests for certain transmittable diseases and had a week to turn that in before we could get paid.
    We got to sign in and get paid for 2 hours of time, but were there essentially 1.5 hrs (with some people only an hour). After this, the waiting time was 1 week until we got to start going to people's houses or libraries to tutor them.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about tutoring 6th graders   1 Answer

Supplemental Education Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I was recommended to the job, so filling out an application and submitting it went smoothly. Shortly after my submission, an interview was scheduled. I was informed to prepare a lesson plan. I reviewed math and English concepts prior. I chose a topic and created a step-by-step document to demonstrate how to teach the concept. Then, an English exam and math exam were given to determine which grade levels I was qualified to teach.

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly informal. They asked, "Tell me about yourself." And, they inquired if I had any teaching/tutoring experience.   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center (Irvine, CA).

Interview

There was a group interview, then an assessment to make sure you know what you're teaching, and then a 5 hour overall paid training period. Also background checks and a TB test need doing.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to students?   1 Answer

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center (Riverside, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and received a call for an interview in the next week. Before the interview, I was asked to bring in a short lesson to teach. I was interviewed by the office manager. She was very nice, and the interview felt fairly relaxed. I brought in a few documents to supplement my lesson. I was asked if I was open to teaching SAT/ACT material, because that would give me more hours. After my interview, I was asked to take an SAT test, to make sure I was qualified to teach the test. This included the essay portion of the test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student who is not engaged?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center (Riverside, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I originally applied online via their website after seeing a posting on the college career site. I sent three subsequent emails updating my resume and checking my status. It was two months after my initial interest that i received a call back. I also had a referral from a past employee. The staff are very warm and polite. They called me to schedule an interview within two days of showing their interest via that phone call. They informed me that part of the interview would be giving a mock tutoring session that lasts 3-5min on any topic i would like and gave me some suggestions like graphing a linear equation. The interviewer was dressed business casual and very welcoming. The interview began with my mock tutoring session. I had prepared a print out materials and a white board was provided. As advised by previous employees, OTC wants clear, creative, and enthusiastic presenters. After the presentation, the interviewer asked me to tell her about myself including my college experience, why i'm interested in tutoring, what future do i see for myself, and how OTC will help me reach that goal. After that i had the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the daily duties of the position. The interviewer answered all my questions thoroughly and was personable. At the end, the interviewer showed interest in me and requested i take the skills assessment to determine if i am adequate to teach. The assessment is math and language arts. It took at least two hours to complete. The interviewer had offered that i come back another time to take the test, but i decided to do it while i was already there. It was a pleasant experience.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center.

Interview

Interview questions and finger printing.

Tutor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center in September 2011.

Interview

Single interview.
    Be prepared to take a math/english test for the level that you want to tutor on the day that you interview.
    Will need to get background check and have some shots since you are working with kids.
    Be personable (They are checking if you will be able to work with students and talk with parents).

Interview Questions

• What would you do with students that don't want to learn?   Answer Question