Pöyry Energy Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pöyry Energy Consulting

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pöyry Energy Consulting

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pöyry Energy Consulting in July 2008.

Interview

3 hour interview consisting of panel interview with 3 people (2 principals, 1 HR manager), 1.5 hour testing for Word/Excel skills, followed by an informal coffee with 2 other staff who provided answers. Very friendly, and extremely congenial. Got a feeling that interview was about where they will be happy with you and whether you will be happy there.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on my dissertation topic (was in the midst of writing it, and hadn't quite gotten to that point yet).   1 Answer

European Energy Markets Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pöyry Energy Consulting (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a consultant working for Poyry. The interview was quite broad, with few questions on the background and more on the generic opinion on renewable supporting mechanisms and sustainable energy solutions. Then, after the positive outcome of this first interview I had the final interview at the office in Oxford. It began with 1hour interview with the Director and a Senior Consultant, it was a nice chat about my previous experiences, my background and general knowledge about the topic. The also challenged me with a simple case study, similar to the one they have faced in the past. Then, I had 1 hour of analytical reasoning, 5-6 mathematical and logical problems. And, finally, an Excel test where I had to answer 3 questions elaborating real data, and a Word test where I had to write a page answering one question. At the very end, I had the possibility to have lunch with two members of the team and to have a nice long chat on the daily life in the company.

Interview Questions

• Mention the challenges a country of your choice has to face to achieve full electric decarbonisation   Answer Question