P.F. Chang's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

P.F. Chang's Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

Easy going interview, I received an email for the interview and had it a few days later. I was hired on the spot. They just wanted to make sure I would be a good fit for the team and wanted to make sure that I knew the general steps of service, food, and drinks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for P.F. Chang's

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Started by filling out a form - have to do this in the restaurant. Meet with a manager, then come back for another meeting/training overview. There was some discussion of company culture, expectations, availability/flexibility with scheduling - weekends, holidays, etc. This was all followed by a follow up call and a decent amount of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Mostly was a review of the resume, as well as some questions about experience and availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was an hour, managers were impressed & I was hired on the spot, we talked about wine knowledge, discussed how to describe food dishes at a table, etc. it was a good interview

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite wine?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Asheville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to be a server via a piece of paper application and was asked to come into the restaurant to meet with the general manager about 1 month later. The summer was about to start and it would be busy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience waiting tables? At what other restaurants? They had never heard of the restaurant I waited tables at so they asked me to compare it to a restaurant they had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat down with a manager and we went over my resume; we talked about what the role would entail, the dress code, etc. It was very casual. Then she went and got another manager, who went through about the same process. They let me know immediately whether I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Experience with customer service, on-the-spot problem-solving.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Webster, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Two different managers came and spoke to me and asked me similar questions. Managers were very nice and explained the job duties to me and asked if I believed I would be able to complete said duties in an efficient matter.

Interview Questions

• What kind of place are you looking to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a base pay rate that they offer to all servers which is $2.13 an hour since all servers make their money off tips.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Waited for 10 minutes, sat at a table with assistant manager, should have had two interviews but only had one. Whole interview process lasted 30 minutes. Assistant manager was nice and so were the employees. Asked about experience and told about company.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was three steps. I applied online and received a phone call about an upcoming interview. I interviewed with 2 managers in the same day. Both of the interviews were face to face with basic questions. The next interview was scheduled with the General Manager. Then they checked my references and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got an email to answer some questions online, after a few days I got a call to go for an Interview in person and the day of the interview I went and met with one of the managers who asked me a few questions and after hired me on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Dedham, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Promised me a lot that never happened, made it seem like it would be a great place to work, management was distracted and unhelpful. I was hired on the spot and left a month later due to the hostile work environment and low pay.