P3 Group - North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

P3 Group - North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America in April 2017.

Interview

Low value interview with not much content. Asked standard questions. Impersonal and cold. Poor communication. Got an email telling me no longer being considered a week late and after they promised a call back. No explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Southfield, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied thorugh linkedin, Hr contacted in early december for phone screen, scheduled an interview in early jan, 2 on 1 interview was interactive. Was told within a couple of days that I was a good fit but waited another month to get an official offer

Interview Questions

• mix of general/basic tech questions based off of resume and stuff that company does and then an analytical question.
      Design (dimensions) an ATM money holder at an airport
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered lower than what I had asked, took it because its a good company to start with.

Telematics Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds - One was telephonic with HR (Behavioral Based questions), Second was in-person with two of the employees (Blend of behavioral based questions plus questions about the stuff mentioned in my resume), Third with Manager (Technical Round - In depth questions about the stuff mentioned in my resume). But after all of these rounds, I haven't still got a firm reply (It's been 7 months now, so you could guess about their professionalism ). I really wanted to serve this organization but whenever I tried to do a follow-up, Most of the time I got a vague statement from the recruiters or I would say HR as a reply to my follow-up email. In the meanwhile, I thought of starting my job search again and luckily I got two offers. While encapsulating my interview process, I would say In this competitive environment, a delay is detrimental. Good candidates simply do not last on the job market. Make decisions and get approvals fast, and come back with an offer quickly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a Project Manager position. I was called within two days for an HR screening. At this time I was told they wanted me to do a follow up interview.

As they were trying to set this up I was asked to do a skills task for the next interview. This consisted of a 3-5 page PowerPoint presentation that I would be expected to present at the interview on a topic they assigned.

The interview was scheduled, but not confirmed. I had to ask the day before it was to happen, if it was confirmed. It was not so it was pushed back a week. Once it was scheduled and confirmed I interviewed with two people. The interview lasted an hour and a half, basic PM questions. Not once was my skills presentation mentioned, nor did I present it. The last five minutes of the interview they asked if I had any questions, but by the way we have a hard stop for a client call. I was told I would hear from them in the next three-four days.

I waited two weeks, contacted HR and discovered that the HR person was no longer there.
    Another HR person contacted me about an interview with the hiring manager. And by the way are you open to relocating. This surprised me since the job was posted for Dallas, the first interview I had was held at the Dallas office and we discussed how they were growing the Dallas office. I replied no but I will travel as much as needed.The reply I got was - We currently do not have any open positions in our other locations that match your qualifications. WHAT???

HR is often the first impression one gets of a company, hopefully the rest of the company is run better than this HR.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to white board how I would convince a client to engage in new emerging technologies. (This is not a PM function.)   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Too long process. First round phone screening. Second round video interview with 2 people in panel. Third round is also video. Overall process took time. Had to wait for another round for more than 3 week.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America in June 2016.

Interview

Overall the process was messy and took about 3 months. First there was a brief phone screening, then a case study interview, then a brief one on one interview with the hiring manager.

I wanted to be placed in the California office, and they set me up with the recruiter for the California office who told me that I would be moving on to a second round interview (woo!). That recruiter scheduled a second round video interview with two employees in the California office. After some fumbling and rescheduling with the recruiters and employees, they ended up telling me that there were no opportunities in California, and gave my information to the Detroit office. The recruiter at the Detroit office set me up with a second round interview. That whole process was frustrating and took about 2 months.

The second round video interview was easy. Just case study type questions and questions about my previous experiences. The third round interview was with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was really busy, and ended up calling me instead of doing a video interview. He asked general interview questions: why do you want to work here? Why are you qualified to work here? etc.

Overall, easy/normal interview. The HR department is really understaffed.

Interview Questions

• How many blades of grass are there in the city of Cincinnati?   Answer Question
    • Give the project timeline for a manufacturing plant to go from grid power to 100% renewable energy power, who is involved, checkpoints, etc.   Answer Question
    • What are the characteristics of an ideal consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Detroit, MI).

Interview

3 rounds - first a phone screen from HR to ascertain fit and position, then a Round 1 with case study and technical and business fit questions - usually conducted by 1 or 2 consultants/engineers working there and using a standardized interview process template. Also has personality questions to determine core values fit (innovative? entrepreneurial? skin in the game?) and standard interview questions (strengths & weaknesses, etc) - and you can ask questions about the company, the kind of projects, opportunities for travel, etc.
    and finally a Round 2 Interview with a partner or principal (sometimes 2 persons) to finalize suitability, career interest and salary.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal consulting project be? Provide an answer highlighting industry or field, problem area, level of client and approach (team/lone-wolf; work-for /work-with,..etc)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First had a phone interview lasting about 20 minutes. Was mostly questions regarding future employment and when I could start work/expected pay. Then I was contacted a week later to set up an in person interview. It was one on one interview and it started with him telling me a lot about himself and the company. He then turned the interview over to me without asking any questions, giving me the opportunity to say anything I wanted. Once I gave some info about myself, there were a few different questions and then it turned into a discussion about what types of projects would/could be worked on. Overall positive environment and I would enjoy working with P3 but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred work environment? What projects have you worked on? Team or individual? Where do you see yourself in the future? Dream job?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first was a recruiter interview getting to know the candidate. The next round was a WebEX interview with a senior engineer which took almost 1.5hrs. A lot of behavioral questions.
    After a month I just heard back from them and have scheduled another interview for this week again WebEx.

Interview Questions

• Other than the usual behavioral questions, the main questions asked were - How does a GPS system work? - How many golf balls could you fit in a Boeing 747?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P3 Group - North America in January 2016.

Interview

My interview has 3 levels including the following
    1- Phone interview (Cultural fit)
    2- Online interview (Technical with an engineer who could be my future colleague or project manager) it was via WebEx and I could see the interviewer he could see me as well
    3- Online interview (Technical with manager) it was via Lync I couldn't see the interviewer but he could see me