PA Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with lunch with a group of consultants and the other two interviewees. It was a little awkward and I tried making jokes to lighten the mood a bit but the crew was pretty serious. Next was a group case interview. It was the same pyramid case that people have described earlier. This is not a traditional case interview. The key to this stage is to be coherent in the math and to work well with the other people interviewing. Don't seem nervous. I didn't practice this stage and really had some trouble with some simple math which was probably part of my downfall. I don't think they really have a correct answer in mind so it really doesn't matter what you say as long as you're clear and don't hog the stage. Also remember to factor in the cost of your own consulting fees as part of the budget. One of the interviewers mentioned this at the end in sort of a 'gotcha' way so I'm sure they'd be impressed if you mentioned it in your conclusion. The next stage was a behavioral interview. First they brought in some guy from Denver who asked me a few basic questions for about 20 minutes. Then they brought in another guy sat down 20 minutes in while the first guy was still present and he asked me pretty much the same questions as the first guy which was awkward since I had prepared for this and I had a little response for each question that I didn't want to repeat verbatim with the other guy sitting there. Didn't really click with either guy at all and they both seemed uninterested by the end and I could tell this interview was pretty much over. However, there was still one more guy who came in and interviewed me. I thought this was going to be a 'technical' interview but it was really just another behavioral interview. I'm not sure if this was because they had already decided not to hire me or something but the last guy ended up being great and we pretty much just had a conversation about energy markets and economics for about 40 minutes. I was a little upset that guy didn't go first so I could have had the extra confidence boost. About a week later they emailed me saying I didn't get the position which didn't come as much of a surprise. Long story short - Practice doing some word math problems in front of people for a couple days and hope that you click with your interviewers as I think they're pretty heavy on cultural fit and you should be fine!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PA Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boulder, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Very conversational and purely behavioral. We sat down and it was one on one at my university. The interviewer asked me things about each experience on my resume and so I advise making sure you have something to say about each of the things you have on your resume. He also tried to figure out my inclination towards his firm instead of others and whether I felt consultancy work would be rewarding and aligned with my goals and skill set. Overall, a great interview that I enjoyed and felt was very professional on the part of PA Consulting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied to on campus interview at target school after attending info session. Applied for both healthcare and life science departments. Received interview for healthcare department. Interview was on campus for 30 minutes, entirely behavioral. The interviewer was very nice, but came in from DC. Havent heard anything back from them since the interview almost a month ago so assuming the process is done.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

on campus meeting then a 5 hour, on-site interview day. The whole thing was painless and professional. the on campus interview was only 30 minutes with general characteristics and screening and the site day at the office included a few different hour long interviews with a group case study. Modest, but not extreme preparation for the group interview is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your interests and a case study   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 on-campus interview - behavioural
    1 assessment day (1 behavioural interview, 1 group case, 1 case)

People were very friendly. Partner took a great interest in interviewing. Very much enjoyed the trip up there and viewed it more as me getting to know the firm as much as they were assessing me.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring & interview process was very fast - after an on-campus behavioral interview with a Principal, I was flown to Denver, CO 1-2 weeks later for the final round interviews.

Final rounds was very interesting
    1. Starting with free lunch with the employees
    2. A 4-man team group case interview (first time doing one)
    3. 2 behavioral interviews (2 people each)
    4. A 30-minute essay writeup (pretty abrupt, really startled me)
    5. 2 more behavioral interviews (2-3 people each)

Then... voila! interviews are over. I thought it was pretty interesting, intense, but not as hard/meticulous as the traditional MBB ones.

I am about to go into the company, but I am I guess a little cautious about the company's culture (Global Energy & Utilities) - in most of the behavioral interviews, they seemed to constantly emphasize the point of long working hours, which may/may not indicate bad work-life balance. We will have to find out!

Interview Questions

• How many palindromes are between 0 and 1,000?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not yet accepted.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

1. Resume Cut
    2. On-campus interview
    3. Online verbal and quantitative reasoning test
    4. On-site interview. 5 30 minute behavioral interviews incorporating assorted brain teasers and arithmetic calculations. 30 minute writing prompt. 60 minute group case interview - 45 minutes to work then 15 minutes to present.
    5. Phone interview with senior partners

Interview Questions

• Group case interview. 8 consultants/partners watching you work on a group case. No interaction with PA staff were allowed until final questions following the 15 minute presentation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as presented.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview process took way too long and interview format was very formal. Couldnt tell what their culture/personalities were like. Made it to the final interviewed and then accepeted another offer because i couldnt continue to wait

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview, one in-office round, and a call for an offer about two weeks later. They interview in a few rounds, not just one "Super day", so it was a little confusing but over all fun! The on-site was one behavioral, one case with a short presentation, and one group case with people interviewing for different divisions within the office. The hardest part was working with other people in from of a group of employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
    3. What are some of your strengths?
    4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question