PA Consulting Group Interview Questions in Cambridge, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.8

Electrical Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Melbourn, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The technology centre itself was quite a hassle to get to (25 minutes from Meldreth train station) and quite hard to find other than the centre itself looked quite interesting. The staff that lead the day seems to enjoy working there especially when they started talking about the products they have helped created. Overall the experience was less strict than I initially thought, as long as you show genuine interest in your subject and can hold a decent conversation with your interviewer there shouldn't be any problem. The group exercise was by far the most interesting part of the day (took me by surprise), so if you ever get to this point you can find out the surprise yourself. :D

Interview Questions

• Competency Interview generic stuff...
      Technical Interview - KCL, KVL
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with their hiring manager; it then proceeded with another phone interview with one of the Software Team leaders, a verbal reasoning online test, a numeric reasoning online test, and then a series of face to face interview at their site (4 technical, 1 hr).
    Throughout the whole process the interviewers were friendly and always put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• A series of CV related and job related questions, not extremely technical.   Answer Question

Technology & Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was applying for a job specification for an experienced candidate preferably with an MBA (I have an MBA). First I was asked to complete a SHL test and my feedback from the tests was that my scores were "as good as it gets". This was followed by a phone interview with HR. I was asked about salary expectations and unfortunately the salary they were offering (<£30K) was significantly lower than I would expect for a position for a MBA graduate with a 6 years of work experience. Thankfully this was asked early on in the interview process before further rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why PA?
      Why this role?
      Where else have you applied?
      What was your Pre-MBA Salary?
      What would your Salary expectations be?
      Are you willing to re-locate for this Job?
      Answer Question

Summer Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Melbourn, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

The initial telephone interview was very standard, with HR-type questions.

After passing the phone screen, there were a couple of online tests (verbal and numerical reasoning), which are very similar to the ones other companies use.

The assessment day was only half a day, with two one-on-one interviews and a group exercise. The individual interviewers were analysts/consultants in the relevant work area, and had some interesting problems to chat about. The group exercise was based on reviewing some paper evidence, and making a presentation to give at the end of an hour.

Interview Questions

• All open ended questioning: "How would you develop on *this* idea?" or "Who would you collaborate with to try and find a better solution?"   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Melbourn, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a summer design internship at PA Consulting. I was interviewed by two members of the Design and Innovation area and they were very welcoming and positive.

Interview Questions

• To explain in detail one of my projects. It was a project I've done some time ago and wasn't prepare for a structured answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is to ask in detail about the expenses they cover during the internship and ask for any advice about accommodation and commuting.