PA Consulting Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

PA Consulting Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 22, 2017

3.1

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group.

Interview

Three interviews in total. Two technical interviews with senior consultants lying around similar context and one with HR stuff. All interviews lasted for one hour each. The technical interviews focused around my technical knowledge around my current project as well as my PhD, I was asked to demonstrate whether I could describe my projects to the general audience. A few questions focused on interpersonal/communication skills such as: how would I react in a difficult situation, could I market myself to work for a project. Also questions to demonstrate innovative thinking.

Interview Questions

• - Talk to me about your PhD project, describe a technical problem you had and how you solved it
      - You are asked to quality control the 3D size of an item, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. The first interviewer turned up more than half an hour late, the "tech" interviewer very obviously had no idea what he was talking about and the third interview was interrupted by having to evacuate the building.

Strangely the interview felt more like a chat with them asking for advice. I was never really asked any questions, so how they are supposed to make a hiring decision based on this interview I do not know.

Nearly a month later now and still no response from them, positive or negative. A waste of my time and effort to be honest.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial screening followed by an assessment centre. The interviews followed the usual experience and competency questions typical for these roles. There was a written exercise and some white-boarding was expected to explore solution design experience and approach. The interview process was OK, good facilities and everyone was very professional but it was let down by the feedback which was extremely poor and not helpful considering the time invested.

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

There's not too much info about this online so here's my experience of the process:

1st stage: Online application + cover letter
    - Don't underestimate the importance of this stage. They only take a small percentile through to the telephone interview so it's really important that you make yourself stand out and put in an application that shows you genuinely want the role.

2nd stage: Online tests
    -These were similar to the standard psychometric tests other top firms are using. I found them marginally harder than the others so just keep an eye on the clock whilst you're going.

3rd stage: Telephone interview
    - Lasted around half an hour. Started with a couple of questions asking why PA, why the particular role. Then the standard competency based interview questions. Just be flexible and ensure you have a solid bank of experiences to draw from. The HR person was very friendly and easy to talk to so there's nothing to be afraid of. You get the chance to ask questions at the end so make sure you think of something

4th stage: Assessment day
    - Held in their offices in Victoria, London. I was grouped with others who had also applied to the Implementation internship.
    - 3 tasks over the course of a 5ish hour session: An interview, individual case study and a group task. The interview is just an extension of what you discussed on the phone so again, nothing to be afraid of. The interviewers were employees who worked in that particular section and easy to talk to.My interviewer was very honest so this is a good chance to answer any concerns you have about the particular role.
    -The individual case study scared me the most beforehand but it's not nearly as daunting as it may seem. You're given all the materials, a flipchart and 40 minutes to prepare yourself for a 20 minute meeting with a client. Just make sure you digest the key points thoroughly. I found holding a Q&A session after the meeting allowed me to get through
    - These two tasks are then followed by a lunch with employees who work in the section you are interviewing at (the food was actually great). It was interesting to hear about the diversity of projects people had worked on, so be sure to engage with as many of them as possible to get a real feel for the role.
    - The day ended with a group task, where you are given a booklet of information on a prospective client to help create an effective business plan for. You're given 10 minutes or so to read through the information then given a half an hour session to angle a solution to the client's issues. This follows with your group giving a presentation to the 'board' of the prospective client and then again, a short Q&A session where the panel will communicate some of their concerns about your proposal.

The assessment centre and the overall process was really enjoyable, and they will do everything possible to make you feel comfortable so don't fret it too much beforehand. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Why PA, why implementation + competency based questions.
      AC interview: Extension of phone interview, CV based + competency questions.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview , online tests and assessment centre focused on case study ( non numerical) group exercise and behavioural questions. Turnaround time was 4 weeks with feedback provided after the assessment centre.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter online; a day later received the invitation for online numerical and verbal reasoning test; received another email informing me of a phone interview almost a month later; but told me that the interview slots were no longer available as I replied email slower than the others.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent aptitude tests in advance of a 1 hours face to face interview. Following face to face interview, I was told I would be contacted the following week. No contact was made. I followed up with an email to which again I received no response. Poor communication and handling of candidates. No respect for others' time is telling of the way they do business.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Application (CV, Cover Letter etc..), followed by online tests (both verbal and numerical reasoning). A few days later a 20 minute phone interview. Standard competency based questions which I will elaborate on in more detail below.
    Rejected after this stage, with no reason.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation? And how did you make it better?
      Leadership, team work
      What is your best achievement to date?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Level interview - 1. Telephonic which is a mix of technical and general 2. Assessment center 3. Partner round. Very well organised and amazing interview process. Gives you a clear picture of what you can expect from PA when you get employed.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Difficult situations faced and how you overcame, kind of projects you have handled etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

Three telephone interviews, final competency interview with an ex-employee now working on contract basis as recruitment advisor.

After the first HR interview the process was somewhat cold and unwelcoming, no attempt was made to sell the company and a number of facts about the working ethos of the company were divulged which left me not wanting to work there, which was disappointing because i was very excited about the prospect of working there.

Interview Questions

• You have a rotating rod, you must translate, this into linear motion, how many different ways can this be done?   Answer Question