PACCAR Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR in January 2017.

Interview

Standard phone interview with per-determined questions. However the recruiter missed the first 2 scheduled interview times. Third attempt was a success. The recruiter stated I would receive an answer regardless by phone in 2 days. After 2 weeks I followed up with an email stating they were busy. Two more weeks passed and was told I would be contacted within a week about the down selection process. Two more weeks passed and finally received an system generated email stating I was not selected. Very disappointed in the recruiter and lack of professionalism for being a large company. Will not apply again, or consider taking a job at Paccar due to this poor experience of an unprofessional recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for PACCAR

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Mount Vernon, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed on campus which led to a phone interview with hiring manager and then an on-site visit. The recruiter was very good about moving the process along quickly but at the same time being flexible to my schedule. On-site interview consisted of an interview with hiring manager(s), technical presentation and a mostly informal panel interview with my future team members. Everyone was very laid back and were honest to share their opinion about what they like/not like about the company and the location. Most questions were behavioral and some good technical questions during my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PACCAR and why do want to work for here?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PACCAR (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The questions were primarily related to explaining past experiences, such as leadership experience or times in which you applied learned technical skills.They required STARs (situation, task, action, results) formatting for all replies. I was interviewed by my future boss, along with one other coworker. The entire process was not too intense. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to explain something technical to someone with a nontechnical background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, all day, Asked why should I be hired, interviewer tried to trip me up on other answers. Had to make a presentation on something I lead or took the lead on.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PACCAR (Kirkland, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I initially applied for the job online and received a phone call a week or two later. The interview was set up on an agreed upon date. Upon entering the office, I was lead to a small conference room with three people. The majority of the questions seemed to be personality based, but they also had a few technical questions which were not too difficult. The interviewers were friendly and personable so it was easy to relax when answering the questions. Everybody at the office seemed friendly, but it is also a very conservative atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Explain your method of design engineering from beginning to end.   Answer Question