PACCAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. The second interview began with an hour long interview with the hiring manager (20-30 minutes of which were spent on a faculty tour), 30 minutes with their recruiter, and 30 minutes - an hour with the remaining two HR team members.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Mount Vernon, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed on campus which led to a phone interview with hiring manager and then an on-site visit. The recruiter was very good about moving the process along quickly but at the same time being flexible to my schedule. On-site interview consisted of an interview with hiring manager(s), technical presentation and a mostly informal panel interview with my future team members. Everyone was very laid back and were honest to share their opinion about what they like/not like about the company and the location. Most questions were behavioral and some good technical questions during my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PACCAR and why do want to work for here?   Answer Question

Corporate Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting online, applied, and within a couple of weeks, was reached out to by the hiring manager. Note that this was an internal application. Normally, a recruiter will reach out to conduct an initial phone screen at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of and experience with SAP Business Warehouse Report Writing and SAP/SRM   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone screen within a week followed by an in person interview shortly after. the telephone screen was fairly short with pretty generic questions regarding my interest in the position and my understanding of the company's background. the in-person interview was more directly related to the specific position and how my experiences fit

Summer Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I filled out an application on the website and recruiter called me months later and set up a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was later called back for an in person interview.

The in person interview was basically a bunch of college seniors being shuffled with three different department managers. So everyone got to interview with three different areas such as tax, corporate, and international (BRIC Brazil Russia India China).

I was very excited because working for a huge corporation was a dream on mine. Paccar seemed very respectable. However, I was immediately turned off as I approached the building.

It is older than other buildings in Bellevue. The furnishings are old. They claim they do not invest in the glitz and glam of the office...but here's the kicker...you have to wear a suit to work everyday. I'm not wearing a suit to work with Office 2010. No thank you. $18 an hour isn't enough to go buy a wardrobe of new suits.

But I said to myself...don't judge a book by its cover. My first interview was just your basic behavioral questions. She read them off a piece of paper and wrote down some answers. I was worried I didn't do very well. I said to myself that I still have 2 more and to take a breath.

I reached my second interviewer and I was ready to wow him. He pulled out a piece of paper and I kid you not....asked me the same exact questions in the same exact order as the previous interviewer. I was baffled. I mean, is it really the best way to get to know a candidate? By making them perform the same exact interview 3 times? I even tried to tell him I have been asked these questions and he said "we are required by hr"...

By the time I was on my way to the third interview, I mentally checked out. I just wanted to get out of here. My last interviewer asked me the same questions and I just repeated my answers. I was done.

If you enjoy movies in black and white, this may just be the perfect place for you. Otherwise, stay clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with difficult co worker?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got the phone interview invitation with a recruiter. The phone interview lasted around thirty minutes. The questions were behavior questions, like "tell me a time when you...." and knowledge of PACCAR as well as yourself. Then I had some time to ask him questions and he introduced the following recruiting process to me. Should go through resume and do some preparations before the interview.

Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Louisville, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply on their website, upload most recent supervisor evaluation. Wait to be notified of an interview, first interview was with a pair of managers. Second interview was a pair of supervisors. Third interview was with two of the senior area managers. Same sorts of questions at every interview, Just phrased differently.

Interview Questions

• If you were auditioning on the Voice, what would be your audition song and why?   1 Answer
    • Why should we promote you to this position instead of the other candidate?   1 Answer

Return Parts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter quickly. Had two in-person interviews the same week. First one was casual, second one - not so much, but I think that was due to difference in interviewing experience. Nice people but overall very formal environment so dress professionally. The interview questions were not that difficult - pretty standard. Asked me to bring copies of my resume, but then didn't ask for them at the interview.

Logistics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a very short process. Only a fifteen minute phone screening and then came into their office for a formal interview that lasted forty five minutes at the very most. Not particularly challenging at all and the employees are very friendly and inviting. I got an email stating they would like to do a phone screening and I was hired less than two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I thought I would be a good candidate over others applying.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Felt like I was just a box they had to cross off...once I entered the room, the interviewer just went through the motions. I have a lot of experience within the company but they know that I have 25 years in and more than likely will retire within 5 years...and most likely, that's the reason why I can no longer advance.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to this job as a business analyst?   1 Answer