PAREXEL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard interview - met with people of varying positions (Senior Project Manager, Associate Director, and Director) for about 30 minutes each. I was shown an example of the product and was asked about my experience learning new systems, troubleshooting, etc. Following the interviews, I sent an email to each of my interviewers thanking them.

I sent 4 additional emails and left 2 voicemails over the span of 2-3 months to inquire about the status of my interview and received no response. I eventually gave up and focused my attention elsewhere. 10 months after the interview, I finally received an automated email informing me that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle negative feedback?
      How do you keep on top of your projects?
      What is your project management style?   Answer Question

PAREXEL Response

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback about your experience. I apologize for the poor experience that you had while engaging with PAREXEL about employment opportunities and we are reviewing the... More

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Lowell, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening by HR person. Call was received at the precise scheduled time. Interviewer worked out of a different state than where the position will be held. I was unable to get many of my questions answered regarding the position due to the interviewer lack of knowledge about it. Reading the reviews on Glassdoor has me very skeptical about this position.

Interview Questions

• All question were given to the interviewer by the hiring manager. The interviewer was admittedly new to recruiting this position.
      Why is Service Level Management Important?
      What are the main activities of a Service Delivery Manager responsible for Service Level Management
      What are good metrics for measuring availability of a service?
      Names some of the main steps as part of the incident management process.
      As part of the problem management process describe a “problem”, a “root cause of an incident” and also a “problem workaround”
      Interviewer also asked me about willingness to worked extra hours which by reading reviews on Glassdoor I learned is a problem with current and passed employees.   1 Answer

CMA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview

It went well.The only thing it took more than 2 weeks
    I was hoping they get back to me as promised but it didn't happen. Also it is impossible to reach Talent Acquisition. they never answer

Interview Questions

• Common questions: What would you do if you have a conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview to go over resume information. 2 weeks later a 2nd phone interview and skype interview. Decision made the next day. Process took about 2 weeks. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was happy with offer. Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview

Cold phone call after employee referral. Phone interview several weeks later. Then face 2 face all day interview with 8-10 people plus 10 minute presentation. The presentation is just to see if you can speak in front of people, nothing more so keep it simple.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving the the lab/research and going into reg affairs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not allow for any negotiation for this level.

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview

4-5 people overall the main portion was a presentation to 2-3 people with an open forum for questions. Then it was broken down into 1:1 time, through Skype and phone

The presentation topic was provided by the recruiter a few days in advance. It had to be based on a scenario relevant to the position. Then the presentation had to be sent to the recruiter 1 day prior to my interview date.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA).

Interview

Standard with phone screen, and 2 rounds of in person.
    Phone Screen took 30 minutes
    First round with the hiring manager and a Principal PM.
    Second round was a panel with several members of the team and the VP separately.
    It took 4-5 hours for the second round

CMA I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at PAREXEL (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus recruitment, they had a very nice presentation to the students, the staffs are kind. Then I submitted my application online, on the same day, I got the phone interview scheduled, very efficient. Then two days after, they asked me for an office interview. They started with an overview of the training program, almost the same presentation they had on campus. Then I had individual interviews with senior staffs, then case study writing questions. The whole process took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• she asked me when I will finish my degree, salary expectation, what makes me standout from other interviewers, a time that you deal with conflict, a time that you had a conflict with someone while working on a group project, how you deal with it, excel spreadsheet knowledge, time that you deal with a situation with a team and your contribution, why Parexel, why biology, what is my research.   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

A bunch of people were being interviewed in one day. I'd say half of them made it into the company. Interviews were individual with managers at different levels of the clinic (nursing manager, coordinator manager). Relatively short, about 15 minutes. Just them getting to know how much you knew about the industry and what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever come into a disagreement with your PI (primary investigator) and how did you or how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Clinical Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Glendale, CA).

Interview

very easy interview.. only one interview process that was set up by HR. My only complaint would be that it communicating with HR was a little difficult and if you missed her call by 2 minutes she would not pick up for the day and then call back at 7 am the following day, and if you missed it again by a couple of minutes the whole cycle would start over. Interviewed with the lab manager and assistant lab manager. They asked very basic interview questions and basically told you about the job and asked you if you were interested.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? what experience do you have?   Answer Question