PAREXEL Senior SAS Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PAREXEL in September 2011.

Interview

I initially reached out to a recruiter who then went on to forget about me.Since I didn't hear back from him, I contacted a friend who works there to refer me internally. I randomly get a call from a guy to fly me down to their office, then he said no we will do phone screen. After a brief phone screen, ( 15 mins which was supposed to last for 1 hour)

I was invited for the face to face interview. I went there - checked in to the receptionist and waited, turns out I'm in the wrong building. The receptionist should've noticed that I'm in the wrong building when she checked me in. I went to the correct building and the HR lady who was supposed to interview me was walking towards me to pick me up. She apologized profusely for the miscommunication and seems that this was happening all day. Great Job recruiting team!! (sic)

The interview went very well. I did get the job offer. Now the colleague of the recruiter who initially forgot about me calls me asking how did the interview go? (I"m like who are you???)

The place is HUGE. The people on the phone seemed friendly, however, the place is really really disorganized.

Then I tried to follow up with the new recruiter and she won't reply to my emails. Then next week, I get a call from the second recruiters colleague. She leaves a voice mail and gives me the wrong number. Finally, get hold of her. Gives me the offer. I said can you please send me a written letter. She does that two days later. NOW, the next day she says, we were hoping you make the decision by today but if you don't make the decision by next business day we will rescind your offer letter. The written letter has given me 5 days to respond. I can't make the decision as I'm waiting for another company's offer letter.

Interview Questions

The salary offered was very low compared to my expectation which was clarified already.