PBS Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, an phone interview with the hiring manager to discuss the position. General questions about your skill. Then a on-site interview in the office. With two directors. Mostly like chatting, asked me about how I did my projects, the process of analyzing, favourite projects, things like that. Not a very formal interview. Felt like they are looking for people who are more likable. The job is not very technical in modeling. I am waiting for the decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you do this project?
      How much time you need on analyzing a problem?
      Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview to start, then went in person for 2.5 hours, meeting with multiple teams. Both phone interview and in person interviews seemed to go very well, with a lot of questions about my management experience, gaming out certain scenarios and how I would approach them, etc. It was all pretty standard and I felt very prepared for the different groups I met with. After the interview I never heard a word from anyone, which I thought was odd for such a big organization. Not getting an offer is no issue at all, but at least a courtesy email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience based on my resume   Answer Question

Media Acquisitions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I had been warned by a friend that currently works here that my potential boss had difficulty keeping people, had fired many and had issues with other females, generally favoring males more. It seemed this was correct and that I had immediately been sized up upon arrival. It was as if she either had a bad day or had predetermined that I wasn't a fit. This is strange because the rest of the company has a large female presence. I most certainly wouldn't want to work on that team, but would definitely consider other teams or positions. The salary associated with this position was inordinately low and wasn't even a livable wage for the area we live in. I believe this position is best suited to a recent college graduate who doesn't know they can and should work for more money.

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume and they took about 3 months to contact me. I first had a phone interview went well. Then it took about a month or so for then to setup a 1:1 with a couple of interviewers. Then another week for another 1:1. Then a few days later a another 1:1 and interview with HR. So I have went thru several rounds of meeting, it is a corporate company. The people where a pleasure to speak with, really wanting to know who you are as much as what you can bring to the table.They gave me a good over of who they where looking for.They all seem to be a team players. Now the working environment standard corporate style yet cool and fun in places.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two phone screens. The first one was with the manager who was undecided on what skill set she needed for the position. The job description was changed a week before I interviewed. I was told by the recruiter to emphasize technical skills, but the hiring manager focused on business process questions. The second phone screen was with a teammate (potential peer), which focused on what if/open ended questions. According to the recruiter, the manager stated that I was qualified for the position, but she didn't want to hire me. I'm not sure if that indicated a personality conflict, lack of company culture fit or something politically incorrect.

Interview Questions

• How would you kick off a project, if you received a request to implement a new software package?   Answer Question

Digital Product Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, an in-person interview, and was told months later that they changed their minds about hiring for the position. I interviewed with the direct report, the 2 other team members, and the HR rep (so it was 4 separate in-person interviews at the PBS headquarters.) This was in July and then in December the direct report for the position told me they never hired anyone and then asked me to meet him for coffee to see if I was still interested in the position. I did meet him for coffee in December and then in February the job was reposted but at a lower salary grade. I applied for that but have not heard anything. The direct report kept responding to my emails, so I assumed this meant I was a serious candidate, but I now think he was just a goofball who lead me on. My impression of PBS is that they are really disorganized and subject to bureaucratic processes that are slow-moving.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

It took a while but they got it done. I was Skyped in to talk with everyone so I didn't have to visit on site. I spoke with at least 8 people in the process, each 1 on 1. Such a friendly interview! Probably the best interview experience I've had.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

smooth interview. Went over benefits of company quickly. Had the interview with all necessary higher ups in one stay. They were dressed business casual which allowed a more laid back atmosphere

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied from an online application. Was contacted by hiring manager to schedule a phone then one on one interview with the team. After the interview, was "put on hold" for nearly 30 days before receiving a call from Human Resources when I was not selected to move through the process. Good communication, just would have hoped that the process from interview to HR "declined" phone call was a bit shorter so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for PBS   1 Answer