PCL Construction Estimator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PCL Construction Estimator Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy, very straight forward process. Ended up meeting with head of Estimating and HR Manager. Was asked a few simple questions by the HR Manager, then a few follow up from the Head of Estimating . Interview didn't last longer than an hour . There was casual conversation at the end of the interview, whereby I had the opportunity to hand over printed references which were well received.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existent

Other Interview Reviews for PCL Construction

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Promised the world materialized to just average. Told shares would double your salary in 7 years in reality more like 20+. Gave really poor reviews of current employees once I started I found the problem was not the employees but the management

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions they were just really desperate to get people   Answer Question

Negotiation

fine but base salary was well brow elsewhere by at lest 40%

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, the first with HR, the second with HR and Ops Manager. Both were comfortable, straight forward and lasted 1-1.5 hours. HR was easy and very cordial. Second interview with panel was more difficult and pointed. i.e. eelved deeper into situational experience and personal appraoches to hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a conflict of interest, or conflict in general within a construction project?   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

Pure Pigeon holing. If you express that you can grow, you will not be recruited. Stress Interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience   1 Answer
    • Do you want to Project Manager?
      Do you want to be estimator ?   1 Answer