PCMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

3.3

Graduate Business Management Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCMS (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

RUBBISH! ABSOLUTE WORST PROCESS FOR ANY COMPANY TO IMPLEMENT!
    VERY CLEAR THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INDIVIDUAL, AND THEY AREN'T LOOKING TO INVEST IN A HUMAN, JUST A MACHINE.

MOST COMPANIES OFFERING THE GRAD SCHEME HAVE STRENGTH-BASED INTERVIEWS, AND VERY RELAXED ASSESSMENT DAYS/CENTRES.

Stage 1: Telephone Interview
    Basic competency-based questions, always looking out for your weakness. This was easy, the interviewee was relaxed (but that may also be because I set the tone, so felt more comfortable)

Stage 2: Assessment Day (Morning)
    Pre Interview: Asked to create a presentation to do on the assessment day
    At the Assessment day: -TOO MUCH FOR TOO LITTLE TIME-
    -Introduction and overview of the company
    -Group Task (for a plane crash situation)
    -Sales pitch
    -Exercise for Prioritising the tasks given
    -Presentation about the Retail Market (this was in between tasks)
    -Q&A Session with current Graduates on the scheme

(All before lunch - is this too much? yes, yes it is.)

After lunch:
    2 individuals went out the room, with the rest in 1 room.
    And was told, like an X-factor process, that we 'didn't make the cut'

This is the most uncomfortable i have seen any employer doing this, and for the individuals around me. HORRIBLE for a company to even consider that alright in this day and age for either side of the recruitment process - the staff and the candidates.

Stage 3: (End of the Assessment Day - for those who made it to the next round)
    Followed on to individual interviews to get to know the candidates a bit more.

Feedback: Non-existent,

I asked for feedback from the company immediately for the afternoon once I had left, they said it was available and they will call me at around 5pm to give any feedback. I then waited until 4:30pm-6:30pm, moved a lot of my own scheduled plans for this time waiting; for the phone call from them which never happened.

As I had my own assignments, I continued with those. I then chased up the person I had spoken to, emailed a few DAYS later, for a follow up call WITH A DATE AND TIME for convenience for both parties. (With professionals, this is either confirmed or an alternative is proposed) - yet all i had was an email with 'Of course we'll give feedback. whenever you would like'. This is a polite yet offensive way of not returning or engaging in further feedback opportunities. This also shows obliviousness from the employee as it was CLEARLY STATED initially. No alternative, I even waited for the call afterwards just incase. Nothing. Unimpressed.

Morale of the story:
    If you want somewhere which really looks out for you -from the recruitment process until the end of the scheme- and helps you get on that career ladder securely and safely for your future, try another company :)

Interview Questions

• So did you know much about the retail industry before the presentation?   Answer Question

Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCMS (Coventry, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The day included a group task, role play, in-tray exercise, customer response letter, data analysis task and a presentation. After this was done each of these tasks for the 6 people who attended were marked within an hour. 2 candidates were then taken out of the room and the remaning 4 were told they were unsuccessful and were sent home. The process was fast paced and intense and you had to multi-task by working on some of the individual exercises whilst being taken out of the room one by one to do your presentation and role play. Some of the tasks did not seem to be related to the role I applied for.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCMS in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked if I could do a telephone interview after they received my application, which was about a month after I applied. I thought it would consist of mainly competency based questions but nearly all were technical. Got asked about 10 questions on Java, a few on web applications and SQL.
    The next day I was invited to assessment centre which will be in a couple of weeks.

Software Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCMS (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied by sending them my CV, they emailed me back in a couple of days inviting me for a phone interview.
    The question asked were mostly academic and just 1/2 competency based. The questions weren't really hard but I just wasn't prepared for non-competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PCMS?   Answer Question
    • talk about your programming experience   Answer Question
    • Asked me a few questions of how I worked on one of my JAVA projects   Answer Question
    • OOP and its pillars, explain and give examples   Answer Question
    • Most of the questions then were about data structures (almost 50-60% of the interview), ie. arrays, linked lists, hash tables, stacks and queues... Basically, what they are, how they work and how their syntax   Answer Question

Software Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCMS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online via Gradcracker and after 3 weeks I had managed to get a telephone interview. The selection for the interview was around christmas and I was intrviewed after about 3 weeks and numerous phone calls.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCMS (Coventry, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

1:1 and Technical Test. Configure a Firewall and and a switch. The Data Centre Network Support team provides technical network support and administration on for live systems and development systems for both internal PCMS environments and agreed contracted clients. The team acts as a resolvergroup underpinned by the PCMS Service Desk.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a team player in your current position ? Please give examples   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Emailed HR with CV/Cover letter and after 3 weeks was asked for a technical phone interview. The developer was nice and helped me through questions I got stuck on. All in all, good.

Service Desk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCMS (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Assessment day at Westwood Business Park Coventry. The Assessment day entailed the following, company presentation, technical assessment, team building exercise and interview.

Managers interviewing were very friendly.

There were many people in at the assessment day, 1 by 1 people were asked to leave because they didn't meet the criteria needed for the role.I thought this was a quite harsh way of doing things.