PDFTron Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PDFTron Software Developer Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Received a reply following my resume sent to the company and I was invited for an on-site interview. Format: one on one, talked about past projects and was asked programming concepts. A verbal offer was made on spot and I followed up with email confirmation.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions seeking concept understanding   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PDFTron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied by sending an email with my resume and cover letter. I got a call about a week after from one of the directors to come in for an interview. There was no phone screen of some sort from what I remember, but they just quickly made sure I am the one who was described in the resume they were looking at.

After I came in, I was greeted by one of their developers, let me sat at a small interview room. Two managers came in - one was the director I spoke over at the phone and another was the CTO. Initial questions was about background, then a little bit of technical/programming Q&A. After that, they have me answer a written test in about 15-20 minutes. The two manages came back then reviewed my answers with me. After all the technical questions were out of the way, the director asked me some behavioral questions. The interview ended here.

Interview Questions

• Background: Tell me about your school/work history.   Answer Question
    • Technical: How to allocate memory on heap? What are smart pointers?   Answer Question
    • Test: Reverse a linked list. Check if each character in a string is an alphabet. Flip a sequence of bits in a 2D array.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: If hired, how long will you work for PDFTron? If you receive an offer from Google, Microsoft, or Amazon, will you still consider working for PDFTron?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by the CTO via email. I sent him some extra info regarding my school work, etc. We scheduled a Skype interview. After that He called me and explained that they do not want full timers and instead offered an internship. After that on went on-site interview with one simple question and got offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritance? What is the purpose of templates in C++?   Answer Question

, Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

It is an one-hour on-site interview. Two people interviewed me. One asked my past project experience and some behavioral questions, for example, why do you apply for this position? When will you finish your degree? And the other one asked some technical questions about object oriented programming concept, data structure, and time complexity.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on school internship job board. Interview was over Skype. The interview felt pretty relaxed, interviewer was very nice. I was asked quite a few general questions about C/C++ (pointers, arrays, etc.) and past projects and school work. Was about 45 minutes, and received an offer right after the interview. Most of the technical questions were done verbally, with some messages over Skype when I needed to write something out to show it in more detail, but there was no coding necessary, it was mostly about my understanding of the problems, and how I would go about solving them (I think this is now different, and the interviews may require you to write code for a simple problem)

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to determine a path in a 2d array based on 2 points. Also how to turn a string into an integer (like "123"), and one other question that I can't remember now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

the interview was done through Skype. Two people, one ask your project experience and your background, some simple questions like why do you want to work in our company? what's your strength? How long can you work? Have you finished your degree?the other asked some technical questions related with c++ concept and data structure and algorithms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked some brief questions about general programming topics such as sorting algorithms and inheritance. I was interviewed by two people, one HR lady and an engineer. Then I was given time to complete 3 written questions but with only 20 minutes of time. The amount of time was not enough to complete all the problems completely. The programming questions on paper were either in C or C++. Unfortunately, I am much more familiar with Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PDFTron (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Got email for an on-site interview. Went and was given 2 technical questions with 20 minutes on my own to work it out. One of the questions was way too difficult for an interview (in my opinion). Small company and small office downtown. Overall quite a neutral experience, would have been positive if the one technical question wasn't insanely hard given the timeframe (an algebraic parser/evaluator).

Interview Questions

• Make an algebraic parser/evaluator which takes a string as its input.   Answer Question