PEAK6 Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.1

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First interview was a phone. This one is easy--- they just ask you to rehash your resume. Then they invite you to interview in person downtown. The second interview was a two-person panel where they give you math/logic questions. Have your probability skills handy. They need you to solve things at the top of your head.

Interview Questions

• In a Russian roulette, 6 bullet chambers, and one bullet... One trigger pulled, no bullet. What is the probability of having a bullet in the next chamber?   Answer Question

Strategy Bootcamp Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two interviews on campus, followed a few days later by an interview with the organization's president. The first round of interviews was easy, but the second was tough, as it focused largely on weaknesses and failures.

Interview Questions

• What complaints would your staff have about you as a manager?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments.

Interview

The process is very constructed and informative; there was feedback after each interview and the expectation of the next step. I was able to meet with the people I would work with primary; they provided their career background and their experience at Peak6. They also shared the projects they worked on in the past. This allowed me to gain a sense of the culture and the dynamic of the team and the firm, which ultimately played a big role in making the decision to join the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was HackerRank test followed by Skype interview. Finally I got a call for on-site interview.
    Onsite consist of three interviews. First is two hour coding challenge.Second is HR round. I answered the stocks coding challenge in 1 hour 10 minutes. Last half an hour I wasted just to convince that their output is wrong and mine is right. Finally they got convinced that there is some problem in their output and mine is perfect. However they didn't call me for third round and rejected me without giving any reasons.

Interview Questions

• Stock question. Get the data from live stream API. Optimizing buying and selling stock.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus portal and their website. A few days after did an online reasoning test, then interview two weeks from then. The interview was with 2 different interviewers. Started off right away with math questions and some probability questions. Then it ended with more behavioral questions especially with the second interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision and it was a bad one?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and had to persuade them of something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Online and in person interviews. Some practical coding questions as well as interesting coding application problem. Make sure to practice algorithm problems and data structures. There was also an in person interview with basic questions as well.

End User Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments.

Interview

Still on going process, had to first do a questionnaire about the company. Then moved onto the hackerrank. Now skype. Then the process was revolving around what expereince I have had with this field and how long I have worked with users. The interview itself was fairly easy and the recruiters were not too harsh or rude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was the hardest obstacle you had to overcome   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online for FT Trading opportunity. I received the math and personality test. Pretty easy. I never got back from them though, even after emailing the recruiter twice. Negative experiences because in my eyes, if I take the time to complete assessments, perhaps the applicant deserves a yes or no to moving throughout the hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments in October 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with the hiring team. I was told that there will be two round tech interview and one round HR. But it becomes two round HR with almost same question set.

Interview Questions

• Two round of a lot of behavior quesitons.   Answer Question
    • Tech: Valid perfect square. Find if one array is the rotation of another array.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume, it sent a link from hackerrank to do OA. There two question needed to complete in 60 minutes. No more buying stock!!! It's about Pokemon Go. You are given a map and some functions to play that game to achieve max. The first question I used Dynamic Programming. And second one I used Priority Queue. However, There are too much description to read. I didn't finish the second one. SO Read Quickly!

Interview Questions

• There two question needed to complete in 60 minutes. No more buying stock!!! It's about Pokemon Go. You are given a map and some functions to play that game to achieve max.   2 Answers