PEAK6 Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PEAK6 Investments

2.9

Sort:

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments in September 2014.

Interview

applied on campus, first get an online assessment test and didn't receive a reply yet.very long personality test, and just 10 math problems, 3 mins for each one. standard pattern questions and probability. it takes about an hour in total

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments.

Interview

Took an online test. Felt questions were uncharacteristically difficult compared to similar trading interviews with a strong focus on pattern recognition. Very high time-pressure and only assessed accuracy of answer (as opposed to though process which in person or on the phone interviews do). Haven't heard back at all. A negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

PEAK6 Investments Response

Dec 23, 2013 – President

Thank you for interviewing with us, and for providing your feedback on your interview experience. We do strive to communicate throughout the process with potential candidates, so if you still... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a half an hour online exam. Which I took. Still haven't heard anything back from them. Lots of probability questions and logic questions. There is a time limit on each question rather than an overall time limit. Make sure your focused when you do it. I went into the test nonchalantly , and I considering I haven't heard back from them paid my dues.

Interview Questions

• There was a numbers question about which number is missing I struggled a lot with that.   Answer Question

PEAK6 Investments Response

Dec 5, 2013 – President

Thank you for interviewing with us, and for providing feedback on your interview experience with us. We do strive to communicate throughout the process with potential candidates, so if you still... More

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments.

Interview

I connected through on campus recruiting. The interview was setup centrally and I went to a dedicated interviewing center on campus. I interviewed with someone from HR who went over my resume and then spoke with a former trader who now runs the training. He asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how many ping pong balls fit in a 747. This shouldn't have been unexpected as it was already on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online for FT Trading opportunity. I received the math and personality test. Pretty easy. I never got back from them though, even after emailing the recruiter twice. Negative experiences because in my eyes, if I take the time to complete assessments, perhaps the applicant deserves a yes or no to moving throughout the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I sat with four individuals whom all were very friendly. They each sat with me and asked how would you solve problem X. The problems ranged from specific coding questions to general software architecture questions. all my interviewers were very passionate about their jobs and loved to talk about their aspect of the business.

Interview Questions

• If you had a book whose text was in a character array, how would you reverse the order of the words. i.e. reverse the order of the words, but not the words themselves.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an oncampus f2f interview where i was asked 1design question, 1coding question and 1testing question.
    Design Q: Design classes to best represent the relation between these three items: a Flying object, a Rolling object and a flyingRollingObject. Basically involved showing a high level class diagram with inheritance. The interviewer asked me how i would handle the case of the the parent and child class having the same name i replied with a virtual function and he was satisfied.

Coding Q: Write a program in the language of your choice to find the height of a binary tree.

Testing Q: How do you test a turnstop that you typically find at railway stations in the US.

Interview Questions

• Find the height of a binary tree   3 Answers
    • How do you test a turnstop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fresh outta college i didn't even know i could negotiate and i just needed that job to get some real time experience.
    If you are a fresher you'll find lots of exciting projects to work on.
    If you are experienced and looking for something specific make sure you let them know, prove it at the interview and make sure you do nothing except whatever you are passionate about.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments.

Interview

Applied through its website, it take around 2 months before get an interview. The HR provide me only two time slots to choose. As she said, the process would take two rounds, phone interview and onsite interview. Phone interview total take 1.5 hours, 2 technical interview and 1 with HR. I was ask to write a question to implement reverse words in string and several questions based on projects in your resume. The second phone interview mainly asked about courses you take and some basic question in programming language like in Javascript and Ajax.

Interview Questions

• I think it's a behavior question "which class you like best and the reason". I never thought about this kind of question before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Durham, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

I only got the OA. The second problem was terrible, the problem is easy, but, the returned type of function was set to be double. But, the autograder required the answer to be integer.

Interview Questions

• Give a plane with a list of points (x,y,z), (x,y) means location, z means the point you got to if you can reach this point (x,y,z are all integer). You choose a location (x_0, y_0), (not necessarily from the given points), D_i = distance from (x_0, y_0) to (x_i, y_i); Z_i is the weight of z at (x, y, z). The question basically ask you to find an optimal place, so you can get a maximal sum of Z_i/D_i.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 Investments (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Online and in person interviews. Some practical coding questions as well as interesting coding application problem. Make sure to practice algorithm problems and data structures. There was also an in person interview with basic questions as well.