PFM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PFM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at PFM

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Applied & interviewed through career fair at college/university.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PFM

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Very good experience with every one that I spoke with at PFM throughout the process. Applied through my college database. Heard back from HR within 3 days to take a quantitative assessment, and arrange an informal interview with a recruiter to go over my resume and see where I would be a good fit. Identified two potential teams, and had a phone interview with two managing directors 2 days later. Heard back form HR to set up an in-person interview for a week later. Interviewed in person with three directors, and heard back with an offer the following business day.

Interview Questions

• Why public finance? Why PFM? Why did you choose your college? Tell me about a time that you worked in a team and it didn't go well--what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Took a math assessment and was asked 2 days later to have an in-person interview the following week. The interview was 2 parts in which I met with 3 managing directors and 3 of their junior analysts. Was then asked to provide a writing sample. Was offered a position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about public finance? Why are you interested in PFM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PFM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Met with a couple of hiring managers who were very nice and personable. Asked some basic interview questions to get to know me better as an individual and employee. Overall, it was not too difficult and didn't require much preparation. Apparently, this entry position is a lot of work with limited compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PFM (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter on campus in an organizational meeting. Contacted him through email. Then I had a phone interview with 2 employees. If they like you, they send you a math test to take. If you pass the test then you are invited to have a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun? Why did you pick your major? Are you good at math? And other behavioral questions, not too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PFM (Villanova, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fine interview. Simple fit questions, but the interviewer seemed less interested from the outset than I would've liked. None of the questions were too hard and everything was basic, but I would still recommend preparing specific examples just like any other interview. After the initial interview you are given a quantitative exam, then once that is completed the finalists go to the office for a last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PFM (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had quick phone call where I just gave some background about myself. They then sent a short task to test my finance knowledge. After I passed that they offered for me to come to Harrisburg for an interview.

No one really asked me anything that I felt like was indicative of what I would actually be doing. There were no technical questions or anything even related to finance. Instead they were mostly generic questions about if I liked working in teams or what my hobbies were. No one really gave me a definitive idea of what the job would be like and I even learned that the job location was different than where I had been told in the phone interview.

It just didn't feel like a serious interview, like they were just doing due diligence yet paid for me to fly across the country to interview. They called me a few weeks later asking if I would be interested in applying for another job and returning to Harrisburg to interview again but then never followed up. The whole experience was just strange.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Interview on campus, about 30 minutes, nothing difficult. 1-hr math test, basic math, not very hard. Interview at the office with the rest of the MDs. Again almost all behavioral, nothing too difficult

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PFM in September 2015.

Interview

A lot of fit questions. It was an associate and an MD that conducted the interviews. This was a first round interview after the initial screening when we submitted our resumes. The interviewers were very nice and really interested in you as a candidate. They gave feedback which made me aware of my standing as the interview was going on. The questions included, Tell me about yourself, Why PFM, Why did you choose this college, what was your SAT score, Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and had issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PFM (Northampton, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. I applied through my college's career site and got an interview 2 weeks after I had applied. The interview was a first round interview for 30 minutes. Two associates were the interviewers. The atmosphere was quite casual and not as tense as I had thought.

Interview Questions

• Very basic fit questions, walk me through your resume, why PFM.   Answer Question