PHD Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PHD Media Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PHD Media.

Interview

after being referred to the company by somebody I was introduced to by a friend I received an email about having interest in an internship. after this a "phone conversation" was set up. After the phone conversation took place it was only several days later that I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does marketing mean to you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had 3 30-minute interviews - each was pleasant and relaxed - mostly conversations about my resume and past experience/ discussion of the role and what it would entail. Be prepared to discuss all experiences on your resume and come with thoughtful questions for the interviewers. They want to see that you understand the media industry and that you are passionate about working in it and being devoted to phd.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't need to make any money or have any kind of job, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What was the class you most enjoyed in college and what was the class you learned most from in college?   Answer Question

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHD Media (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a LinkedIn post and heard back from HR a few days later. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very kind and welcoming, easy to talk to. Asked expected questions. Was more of a conversation than a formal interview which made for an enjoyable setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background experience.
      How are your organizational and multi-tasking skills?
      Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHD Media.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter and than an in person interview at the office. Met with multiple people. When I first got there I could not find anyone. There was no reception area. I stood in the doorway for a second and was looking around to find someone to ask for help. When I finally found someone I asked for the person I was scheduled to meet with. I felt super unwelcome and like I was barging in on people when I was scheduled to come in. Felt like they wanted me to leave the second I got there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PHD Media (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I first had a phone screening with a recruiter, and then was asked to come in for an inside interview. I met with 2 supervisors, one after the other. The interview was rather just a conversation about my resume, and why I'm interested in media. I received an offer the same day.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PHD Media (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed 3 rounds. The first round was phone interview, which basically went through resume. The second round was on site, basically resume go through and relevant experience questions. The last round was also on site. Questions for the last round were also mainly focused on resume. Then I never heard from the HR.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PHD Media (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Personable and casual. Constantly shifting offices. Overall not intimidating nor did they try to grill me on technical detail etc I ended up interviewing with my supervisor, AMD and a Director who was actually on another brand.

Interview Questions

• I had an example of a certain brand of candle. The question was; What would you do to reinvent it's image from the granny/mom candle to something that would appeal to millennial women.   1 Answer

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PHD Media (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Well I came in a suit, just having traveled on the subway, and my interviewer was very confused, lol. He seemed really chill and made me feel comfortable. We talked about the culture of the company, and the accounts I was interviewing for. Overall they were really nice and candid, and it gave me a good sense in terms of the people I wanted to hang out with. I knew I would be able to feel comfortable at the company, and thus perform my best. Maybe even slightly uncomfortable at the awesomeness, which makes me perform even better.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PHD Media (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

When interviewing for this entry level role, I spoke with the two people that would be my direct supervisors, as well as the Associate Media Director. The interview was rather short, and the Associate Director had not even read through my resume. I was contacted by the recruiter a few days after with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PHD Media (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview scheduled a couple weeks later. I had three separate mini interviews with people I would be working under as well as a media math test. The test was not too hard if you know how to do basic math. The interviews were very relaxed and extremely informative. I felt like they were trying to gain a sense of my personality and how I would mesh with the rest of the team and not just focusing on how much knowledge I had about the company/industry. I instantly fell in love with my manger, she was awesome!