PIMCO Account Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Associate, Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard 30 minute initial phone call with a recruiter. Even though we have started the interviewing process mid June, the recruiter wasn't able to connect me with 2 managers for further interviews. It took her 2 weeks to get back to me with a request to connect with those managers and another 2 weeks to only reschedule 4 times even though I was able to accommodate any date and time. At one point when I was confirming my availability I got an automated e-mail that she was out of the office. I didn't hear back until the day when the interview was supposed to be - only to find out we have to reschedule again. I have politely declined another attempt.

PIMCO is a great company but unfortunately this process was more negative than positive.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me more about your latest experience. She then picked specific skills from my resume (negotiation, cold calling and communication) and wanted to hear more about how I've developed them and a situation when the skills were applied.   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

I applied online and waited about a week and a half to hear back.
    Once I heard back I had a first round phone interview with an Account Associate in CA. First we walked through my resume, experience, etc, then dove into economic questions. It was a cut and dry interview, very stiff, not friendly or conversational at all. I ended up not getting that role.

Two weeks later another account associate role opened and HR reached out to me. I interviewed on the phone for that role as well. Once again it started with an Account Associate in CA. I passed that round then had another round on the phone. After both phone interviews I was brought into their NYC office for an in person interview. You have an hour long exam on the computer and then I met with 4 people, 2 sets of 2. They were friendly and we had a good conversation. Ultimately my fixed income skills weren't where they needed to be and I didn't get an offer.

Make sure you have really good follow up questions and fun facts for when they ask "what is important about you that isn't on your resume"

Interview Questions

• Why PIMCO? What are you following in the markets? How do you expect the new administration to impact markets? Please tell us 4 headlines you read in the news today and why they are important. What economic events are on the calendar this week and how do you expect them to impact the markets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY).

Interview

Three rounds, one phone, one in person at the company with associates and then a super day composed of 6 interviews with both associates and senior people. Phone interview mainly to see if you follow the market and know about what is going on in the major economies. One on one is to discuss markets in more depth and super day is a mix of behavioral and technical questions

Interview Questions

• know duration, state of the economy, how you would construct a portfolio if given the money, have views on good investments given your views   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO in January 2015.

Interview

One initial phone call screen by a recruiter, followed by four phone interviews. First interview was by the hiring manager, then there were 3 different back to back to back calls with senior managers in the department. Time length varied from 30 minutes to an hour each.

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview. consist of resume overview and macro economy based questions. be prepared to asked to talk about whats going on in the world. then make sure you know what duration is.

2nd round 1hr phone interview. Very macro and technical based. talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and securities that exhibit negative convexity.

Interview Questions

• talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

On-campus recruiting - interviewed with 2 representatives. Largely behavioral with some fixed income questions
    Superday interviews - interviewed with 6 representatives. Largely behavioral with basic macroeconomic and fixed income questions
    Got offer via phone about 2 days later

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Three words: prepare, prepare, prepare! If you do not have a background in fixed income, macroeconomics, capital markets, etc., then you have a lot of preparation required ahead of you. Although the firm has expanded its offerings into active equities and alternatives, the cornerstone and foundation upon which Bill Gross built the PIMCO empire is still Fixed Income! Make sure you ramp up (or brush up) on your grasp of the financial markets (from duration and convexity for bonds, to P/E ratios and multiples for equities).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One-sided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This was a pretty basic interview where I was mainly asked questions about where I worked and some general market information. It was quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Question about the market, if inflation is increasing then what would governments do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The process started with a gentleman from HR doing an phone interview with me. He was very polite and this was more of a phone call to guide me in the right direction as to how prepare for later interviews. After that, there was one more phone interview with an account associate followed by a super day. Interviews were very macroeconomics and economics and finance current events and outlook (fixed income) oriented.

Interview Questions

• If no one trusts the big 3 ratings agencies, and they are not accurate, how do you suggest we change this system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is very stiff when it comes to negotiating, but on the other hand I was happy with their first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

first round, meet and greet with a few technicals and a computer screening. if you dont know vlookup then dont apply. 2nd round meet with manager, more technicals, 3rd round - super day. meet with senior management, management, and associates. brutal technical round. come prepared to discuss macro view, and know fixed income math and concepts well