PKF International Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PKF International (Houston, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

I was recruited out of the University of Houston. The purpose of on campus recruiting is to hire interns. Successful interns are then made full time offers for after they graduate.
    On campus interview consisted of a 20 minute interview with a Senior Manager & a Director (which is in effect a partner at PKF.)
    A few days later I was called to schedule an office visit.
    The night before the office visit you are invited to a dinner with several current employees. The actual office visit was an event that took most of the day. About 6 or 7 other candidates were interviewing that day. It started with a welcome coffee and breakfast session where a good number of current employees were present. They were all very friendly and engaging. After the welcome session, I went straight to interviews. I had three interviews, which were a half hour each with various directors or managers.
    After the interviews all of the candidates went out to lunch. I ended up sitting next to the president of the firm which was kind of nerve wracking.
    After lunch we came back and had several different sessions, one where the president talked about the history of the firm, and another where several employees came in and let us ask them whatever questions we wanted. The office visit ended around 3pm or so.
    I received a call and internship offer later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• It was refreshing that I didn't receive any weird or out of the ordinary questions. The interviews mostly like a get to know you type thing. Half serious talk and the other half casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. Everyone gets the same salary offer. Take it or leave it. It was competitive though. It was about $1,000 less than big 4 firms, but considering that the parking is free, you come out ahead.