PKF O’Connor Davies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and inviting. They were very interested in my background and my desired career path. They stressed the mid-size feel in which I wouldn't feel like a number like a big firm and also would be able to access the resources the firm has to offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time in which you had to overcome adversity to achieve your ultimate goal?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

From speaking with HR to interviewing with the partners the entire was very organized and professional. It was a pleasure speaking to the recruiter and even more so when it came to the interview with some partners. When I arrived for my interview I was met at the reception desk by a staff member and shown around the office until it was time to meet with the partners. During the interview it was made clear by the partners that I was viewed as an asset and expressed their level of interest in a candidate such as myself. Our discussion flowed very naturally and felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick accounting?/ Why do you feel PKF OD is a good fit for you to begin your career?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and had an on-campus interview. I was able to get a second round interview in the office. I was called within a day with an offer to be a seasonal Tax Intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I took first interview at campus and people are very nice. They just go through the resume and ask some behavior question. And I got inot on-site interview to meet supervisor and manager in their office. interview took 30min. They asked some about my experiences and why you choose us. The process took around 10 days. Not hard

Winter Scanning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Very easy and straight forward interview. I was interviewed on campus with someone from HR and she just went through my resume and asked me to talk about my work experience. She took note that I wanted to also try a auditing internship at ODPKF and then opened it up to questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. The whole process took 3-4 weeks. 1st round interview was easy, just some basic questions like tell me about yourself, strength, and weakness, it was more conversational. After a week, I was invited to the 2nd round interview, met two associates. It was not hard, just relax and try your best.

Communications & Pursuits Strategies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (Harrison, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with the HR person, who was very pleasant and thorough about my experience and background. It then took two weeks to arrange a meeting with the CMO and Director of Marketing. Only the CMO ended up interviewing me when I came for my in person meeting to headquarters. This second interview was very conversational and pleasant and more about the Big 4 and my experiences as a strategic communications writer and proposal professional than the role itself. This was a new role for the firm and only the basics about the position were discussed. There wasn't much probing although I brought in samples of past work to discuss.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to previous work as a proposal leader in the Big Four and as a writer of business communications and thought leadership

How long have you been writing proposals, for whom, challenges in writing, etc.   1 Answer

PKF O’Connor Davies Response

Apr 21, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

We value and thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that everyone you met was pleasant and thorough in reviewing your experience and background. We truly appreciate the time you invested in... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (Harrison, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One on One phone interview. Then a group interview with multiple partners. After the 1 group interview, I was extended a job offer. Background check is invasive compared to other companies out there. My suggestion for partners, candidates, and HR would be, given the downward trending ratings on this website, to request additional interviews to ensure that it truly a good fit in terms of job and organizational culture.

Interview Questions

• They will ask how your job experience translates to the job posting.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a screen type phone Interview, from there it followed with an invitation to an in-house interview to meet with my direct supervisor (the director of the department) who outlined the opportunities as such. This was then followed by a meeting with a number of the partners within the firm - more or less to get buy in on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was an open format, I basically told them my past experience and what I had been working on through the years. The interviewer would interject and ask specific questions as I was outlining my professional experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PKF O’Connor Davies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was later called in for an in-house interview. It was a one on one interview. The interviewer did a lot of talking about his career before asking me to walk him through my resume and a few other questions regarding my resume. The interview lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What is your favorite accounting class.   Answer Question