PLS Financial Services Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds in the interview process and all of them are technical questions. Phone calls from the recruiter, Skype interview and 3 times 30 minutes interview with some lead developers.

Interview Questions

• Because I cannot mentioned the people' names for security reason, I'll call them Mr. Bad, Mr. Good and Mr. Ugly.

First, I received a phone call from the recruiter, She asked about 10 technical questions from C# and MVC. I answered most of them, then she scheduled me for a Skype interview with Mr. Good.

During that interview, Mr. Good asked me a bunch of C# and MVC related questions, and I answered most of them. And 2 days later, I received an email from the recruiter inviting me to a face to face interview. According to the schedule, the order of the interview was, I would be meeting with Mr. Ugly, Mr. Good, then Mr. Bad for 30 minutes successively.

The first person I met was Mr. Bad, because every one else was busy interviewing. That guy looks so mean during the interview that I kept asking myself if he has a problem with me. He asked me a bunch of technical questions, which I answered all of them. Then he asked me to write code on the black board to pull up a table from SQL server and display it to the View on the black board by using Entity Framework Code First. He was the one writing on the blackboard, so my job was to tell him what to do. I started all the process from creating the Models, and to use LINQ to Entity Framework on the Controller, but his time is up. He was very frustrated to see that the time is up. Then he finally smiled saying, he has something to tell the next interviewer before he comes.

Mr. Good joins the room. His first question was "While validating data, how to verify that an email address already exists in the system so you would display an error message on the screen to avoid duplicate." I started by going to the Model where you going to use some attribute from the System.DataAnnotations, it looks like he was looking for answer on the Front End. When I kept mentioning the attributes from the Model, he told me to forget about them. Then he asked me how I would do that with JQuery. I didn't know the answer. Then he started with the technical questions. I answered all of them. His 30 minutes is up.

Now Mr. Ugly came in the room. He started with a basic programming on the blackboard, which I did and he agreed with the answer. Now came the technical questions. Mr. Ugly spent most of the time talking and correcting all the answers I gave him no matter if I answered the questions correctly or not. I assumed he was either trying to figure out how I would react if someone tries to correct my mistakes while working. Since he was the last one, he spent a little over 30 minutes talking.   1 Answer

US Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief phone conversation with HR. Then came into the Oakbrook location for an in-person interview with a team member who was 15 minutes late. Started the conversation and within a few minutes, I realized they wanted a developer who knew UX. Not a UX Designer. Big waste of time with this company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was engaging and thorough. Nancy is extremely energetic! Meeting my future team was a great way to begin acclimating. Very collaborative approach to hiring their next team member.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with several people I had 3 separate face to face interviews. Plus a battery of test and long periods of non communication. The drug test experience was not easy trying to find a facility close to where i lived or worked. The background check was a joke

Interview Questions

• What strengths could I bring to the department and this role   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Manager takes you into their office. They will ask about previous work experience and how you managed the stress and schedule of the job. The manager ties in your previous work experience with the current.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when you were asked to do something you didn't want to?   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

30 min in person interview. I answered all questions correctly, offered a solution to one of them that could have been better... I was told at the end that I know my stuff, a concern was also named, the interviewer thought my experience as both an application developer and a sql developer would hinder me in keeping the app developers at bay.
    Even though the recruiter told me they make quick decisions, I never heard back from PLS. This is the reason why I marked it as a "negative experience".(recruiter mentioned a positive feedback after 1 day, but never a "yes" or "no".

Interview Questions

• Regular technical questions, for example about CTE's, trans. Isolation levels, how would you handle that, etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Slow and inadequate not up to standards. Nothing interesting just wanted to know how I heard about the company. Never asked what I could bring to the table. This company is nice however they have to work on their people skills and technology. They have great potential but they are not there yet.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

seems disorganized a lot of interviews with people who seemed they did not have time to talk with me

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the people of Chicago?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much take it or leave it but did get a few more thousand dollars

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

You will interview with a store manager first. If the store manager feels as though you're a good candidate, then you will advance to the next level of the interview process which is an interview with the district manager (possibly two DMs at once). The questions are straight forward: what are your strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for PLS, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about management?   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the VP of Operations. Interview lasted approximately 1 hour. Standard questions were asked. Second interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with other executives of the company. Literally jumped from each interviewers office, one following the next. Spent over 5 hours and no interview was the same. Background, drug test and assessment followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made the offer and there was no negotiating.