PLS Financial Services Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PLS Financial Services Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with several people I had 3 separate face to face interviews. Plus a battery of test and long periods of non communication. The drug test experience was not easy trying to find a facility close to where i lived or worked. The background check was a joke

Interview Questions

• What strengths could I bring to the department and this role   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

30 min in person interview. I answered all questions correctly, offered a solution to one of them that could have been better... I was told at the end that I know my stuff, a concern was also named, the interviewer thought my experience as both an application developer and a sql developer would hinder me in keeping the app developers at bay.
    Even though the recruiter told me they make quick decisions, I never heard back from PLS. This is the reason why I marked it as a "negative experience".(recruiter mentioned a positive feedback after 1 day, but never a "yes" or "no".

Interview Questions

• Regular technical questions, for example about CTE's, trans. Isolation levels, how would you handle that, etc.   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

seems disorganized a lot of interviews with people who seemed they did not have time to talk with me

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the people of Chicago?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much take it or leave it but did get a few more thousand dollars

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

You will interview with a store manager first. If the store manager feels as though you're a good candidate, then you will advance to the next level of the interview process which is an interview with the district manager (possibly two DMs at once). The questions are straight forward: what are your strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for PLS, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about management?   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the VP of Operations. Interview lasted approximately 1 hour. Standard questions were asked. Second interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with other executives of the company. Literally jumped from each interviewers office, one following the next. Spent over 5 hours and no interview was the same. Background, drug test and assessment followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made the offer and there was no negotiating.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

For DM and above there are a minimum of 3 interviews, possibly more. Initial interview with local HR rep, 2nd Interview by DM Panel, 3rd Interview by Director, Possible 4th Interview by VP or Senior Director. Process takes 30-90 days.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are situational and designed to allow you to share your past experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Surprisingly they agreed to match what I was currently making even though it was more than what other managers were making at the time. Open to negotiation.