PMC-Sierra Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

PMC-Sierra Interview Questions in Canada

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had meeting with IT Director and HR, phone call and in person. Follow up interview with COO which was basically just a stamp of approval. Some background and references were required

Systems Validation Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview started with my general knowledge about the company, then carried over into questions about my experience and projects that were on my resume. There were some technical questions but not too many. Things like bit masking, VHDL, basic circuits (filters), digital circuit design, etc. Anyone interested in these sort of positions should sharpen up their scripting language knowledge like Python or Tcl but I wasn't questioned on it on an interview

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between sequential vs combinational logic   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds interviews. First round with hiring manager, asked questions and job experience based on the resume. simple and basic questions. second round with two senior engineers. A technical exam related to the job position. The exam is fair.

Interview Questions

• circuit debugging, schematic, script languages and verilog.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview asking basic questions about C programming.

Interview Questions

• What is volatile keyword?   1 Answer
    • What is static and const mean?   1 Answer

Low pay for location, got better offer elsewhere, rumor has it that PMC is a terrible place to work.

Senior Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

1. First turn of interview:

Directly technical interview. No question such thing like why do you want to come.

The manager was a technical guy. Asked about 20 minutes about my former experience. Talked about 10 minutes about what I would do. After that is about 30 minutes of paper test, not easy.

2. 2nd turn.

Interviewed by a Sr. Manager. Generally asked my former experience. Nothing specific. Gave me a tour to a lab.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about former experience. Asked about couple of former projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

There is no telephone interview for this positon. I was contacted by email and asked for a 1 hour onsite interview.
    A lot of behaviour interview questions are asked at the beginning and then followed by a lot of technical questions.
    After 1 hour talking, there is a 30 - min quizze. I dont have enough time to finish it . It has software, hardware, firmware questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions are very detailed. If you did not work in a specific area before, you will not be able to answer it.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line. Had a phone interview and then on-site interview with 5-6 managers. Whole process took 4-5 hours. Interview included technical, behavioral and ASIC design questions.

Interview Questions

• How to vary silicon process to achieve low power dissipation   1 Answer

DSP Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

The company usually conduct 4 interviews on an average. You are interviewed by leads in BC (HQ) as well as in Montreal.

My first interview was with a lead from BC, he was friendly and was mostly interested in my background. Asked me basic DSP question (If you are familiar with basic concepts this is straightforward)

This job requires the knowledge of digital design, which was the theme of my 2nd interview.

Overall, I'd say the interview process intense but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• The interview is personalized and strongly dependent on background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

A lot of personality questions were asked by the manager, followed by a systematic technical test, which is hard for a new grad. The whole interview was about 2 hours.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

The HR contacted me for the position to schedule a phone interview in the next few days. The phone interview was scheduled for 45 mins.
    The interviewer asked several basic coding questions including reversing a linked list and many bit manipulation questions. Also a simple math related question at the end