PNC Financial Services Group Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the recruiter. It was okay. She asked basic behavioral questions. The second interview was with a manager. I thought this one went well because the questions flowed naturally. The third interview was disastrous! This manager seemed distracted. All of the questions were read from a pamphlet. She appeared to be taking notes, but I got a glimpse of the notebook and it was just squiggles. Didn't feel like I was being interviewed for a managerial role at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Huntington, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

First, I applied for an ABM position at one branch. I had to fill out a skills assessment online, which took about an hour. Fairly simple questions that did take some math. A few days later, I scheduled a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Her questions were straightforward, mostly about my experience & some behavioral questions. It took over 2 weeks for the Branch Manager to call about a one-on-one interview. The interview was great, but he ended up going with an internal candidate. I found out about 2 weeks after the interview. There was another ABM position open at a second branch, so the recruiter submitted my info to that BM. Again, it was 2 weeks before I heard from her. The interview was short - we mostly discussed the position requirements. I then got a phone call to set up an interview with the Regional Manager. This was the most difficult because he asked questions about the financial industry to test my knowledge. I didn't get the impression that he was interested, but I got a phone call the next week with a job offer! I declined because I decided to pursue another opportunity, but it would have been a great job with an amazing company.

The offer was $40,000 with an Officer title, so I would receive 3 weeks vacation. I had to complete a drug screening within 72 hours of the offer. Training would begin in less than 2 weeks from the offer, which I felt was a little unreasonable. It was also 2 training sessions in another state that each lasted a week and a half. Ultimately, I decided to pursue another opportunity, but this would have been a great company for which to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you coached an employee. What was the result?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview

Since I was already hired within PNC, the interview process went very smooth. I was actually contacted by the Branch Manager to set up the interview for the next day. The same day of the interview I was contacted by the recruiter in HR to offer me the position. The contract was sent to me the following day.

Interview Questions

• What types of qualities do you like in a manager, how would you handle an irate customer, what management style would you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hazel Park, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Hazel Park, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

The total hiring process took just under 2 weeks. I had initial contact with the recruiter who asked me conflict resolution questions, questions about sales plans and setting goals, and questions about how I would manage a branch. After speaking with her for just about an hour she told me that she was sending my information forward to the hiring manager and that the interview would be a panel interview with the Branch Manager, Regional Manager, and 2 other partners. I was to create a business plan for the branch and to have 4 copies ready for my interview. The panel interview was very laid back, but formal. I brought 5 copies of my resume and business plan in the event of an extra person on the panel. Many questions from the phone interview with the recruiter were asked again. Many how would you make this plan, how would you speak to this employee kind of questions. There seemed to be more of emphasis on how you fit with the team as opposed to every little thing that you knew about that particular branch.

Interview Questions

• Please give a time when you had to create a sales plan. What did you do, what steps did you take, and how were you able to ensure that your plan was working?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. The offer was everything that I expected it to be with title and compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

it was straight out of college so it was a 3part Panel interview, a lot of behavioral questions. Give me a time, Tell me a time, how do you handle disengaged employees

Negotiation

did not negotiate as it was what I wanted

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process went well. HR communicates clearly and thoroughly to the branch level. I have worked for the company twice now, good company to work for with a good culture.

Interview Questions

• Where do you foresee the banking industry in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I wanted more money but was turned down. Every other company met me in the middle but PNC will not budge on branch position salaries that are offered. They wouldn't work with me the first time I was there and was offered a promotion either.

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Stirling, NJ) in December 2008.

Interview

Already employed as a teller supervisor in the branch which had the assistant branch manager open position; current branch manager at the time recommended my promotion and an interview with the regional manager followed shortly thereafter. Actual interview was very typical of banking interviews in which behavior-based questions dominated.

Interview Questions

• Which policy, if any, did you feel was necessary to bend or break to service a customer to his or her satisfaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not in a position to negotiate based on my lack of experience in management; was happy to accept a promotion with the intention of seeking a raise in a year