PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.5

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially spoke on the phone with recruiter, then went to branch for a sit down interview with manager from another branch; as the branch I was applying to had no manager in place. Interview was at the most 30 minutes. Few questions were asked due to the experience I have. I was told at he end of the interview that they were moving forward with me and offered me the position. Approximately a week later, PNC rescinded the offer after being told I had the job. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name some of the responsibilities you had at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2017.

Interview

It was really simple. Applied online, took assessment and like a couple weeks later, I had the phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will have the in person interview. I had mine with the branch manager and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Everything was situational "give a time" questions.. in total, there were 6 questions. If they write and show interest, they are interested! Pay attention to their body language and if they make small talk.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Niles, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Week later received a call to set up a phone interview, asked basic question why PNC? Why Banking? Then clearing that I was scheduled for an In Person Interview. It was 1 Hour long. First part was customer service based question, and second part I was given a banking pomphlet to study after which I was asked how would I convinced a customer to open an account who already have too many credit cards.

Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Gettysburg, PA).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I had both a phone and in person interview. They asked me questions about past jobs and how I handle different situations. The manager and assistant manager were very nice and answered any questions I had. After the interview, they introduced me to everyone that worked there. Within the next week, I received a call from them saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the supervisor was not available?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbiana, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbiana, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with the manager, he asked me a few questions and talked about his family for 3 hours. He acted like I got the job and then never called me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment, and then I received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. I am still waiting for a response to see if I am selected to move to the next phase of the interview process. The phone interview went very well I hope I am selected to move forward to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Wanted me to discuss my work history, basic interview screen questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

We just sat down and talked about myself and what the job would entail (it's more of a sales position than a bank teller). The interview was way more relaxed and easy than I expected it to be. I felt as though I was just talking to a friend about life.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about PNC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Allen Park, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

First a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasts about 20 minutes. You discuss the company, the position, salary, ect. They ask you basic questions to get to know you. Then you will be set up with an in person interview at the branch which you applied to. You will meet with the branch manager and further discuss your background and how you will fit into the company.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a confirmation email right after. I got another email to take an online assessment. After that I got a call the next day to set up an in person interview. I went in for the interview and got a call back the next day extending a verbal offer. They asked a lot of behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter 4 days after I submitted my application. She called me back on that same Thursday to schedule an in person interview with 2 of the managers for that following Monday. I showed up, dressed in business professional clothes. The recruiter sent me an email with the managers name and information so I made them both a copy of my resume and a personalized cover letter. They both really appreciated it. I would suggest doing this as well. The interview went great. Questions were a but tough, but just be yourself. I've never worked in a bank before and don't have much experience in the field at all. The recruiter called me the very next day to extend me an offer. I happily accepte

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had goals to meet at work and how you met those goals?   Answer Question