PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a round table panel interview. All the candidates were invited for the interview at the same time in a hall. Each one was asked the same question one by one and the panel graded each candidate's answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time time you beyond your call of duty to help a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Apply online. Then got an email to answer a personality questionnaire. Then an email for a phone interview. Then in person interview. Happened very quickly all within a week and a half time frame. Very easy process

Interview Questions

• What do you look to gain from PNC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very unorganized & I would never want to work for a company with how they treat the current prospects. They made me wait 20 mins before the interview & the regional manager was very condescending.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to get the job done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied on their website and received an email from a recruiter 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. She basically asked general customer service experience and desired salary. At the end of the interview, she scheduled an in-person interview with branch manager and teller lead. I went in for the interview and it lasted about 15 minutes. Asked about customer service experience and past experience. Branch manager said I should hear back about a decision in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your future goals and why do you want to work at PNC as a teller?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your past employers, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    • How will past experience help you if you were hired?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process included an online test of math skills and then an initial interview arranged via email. It was about 3 hours in length and was a group interview format. The GM of the branch as well as the HR manager for the region were in attendance, and there were 5 or 6 candidates in attendance. They described how PNC does business and what the role of a teller is, and we all answered questions in a round-robin style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it? What happened? Why did you handle it that way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Morgantown, WV) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Then, I was later emailed an assessment to complete online. I was called for an interview by Kenn, a recruiter. I went in for an interview. I later came back for a second interview. The entire process, from applying to getting rejected, was two and a half months. Though I easily met and exceeded all necessary qualifications and skills for this job, they gave the job to a friend of an employee instead. I wish they wouldn’t have wasted my time if they knew they were going to hire a friend of an employee instead. It is very hard to get a job here if you have never worked for PNC before or you do not know anyone who currently works there. They give most of their jobs to current employees and referrals of employees. During both interviews, the manager was super nice but gave me false hope. I worked for a prestigious local sales company for six months at the time, but she did not seem impressed. Also, if you do not have a very strong sales record from a previous job, do not bother applying here. If you’re under 25, I wouldn’t recommend applying here either, as there is major age discrimination.

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Hoover, AL) in June 2018.

Interview

Was contacted via phone interview, then had 2 face to face interview with regional manager and the hiring manager for that branch. Depending on your skill set, they may consider you for multiple positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to reach a goal and how to you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, asking me hours/desired location; then interview with branch manager/teller supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked if salary was negotiable, asking for a $2/hour increase; they agreed to an additiona $1/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

First got an email telling me that they wanted to set up a group interview with me. The interview went pretty well I believe. It was in a place where you had to get checked in and all of that. There was probably about 12 people in the room including the 3 people that already worked for PNC. After the group interview, I got a call asking if I had already been informed that they had wanted to move forward. They set me up with an individual interview with one branch and then there was a long waiting process, had to call them a couple times. Then I was set up with another individual interview at another branch. The total process ook about 3-4 months to finally get hired at a place very different then where I orginally started.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult questions; however, you kind of expect that given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was very quick. It was about 2 yes or no questions long.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Champaign, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring was pretty easy, depending on how bad they need you. I aplied online in a day, was contacted the next day with a phone interview, sent an automated interview to take, and was offered a postion within the next three to four days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convice a customer not to do something, and follow your advice iinstead.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Set pay.