PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Gettysburg, PA).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I had both a phone and in person interview. They asked me questions about past jobs and how I handle different situations. The manager and assistant manager were very nice and answered any questions I had. After the interview, they introduced me to everyone that worked there. Within the next week, I received a call from them saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the supervisor was not available?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment, and then I received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. I am still waiting for a response to see if I am selected to move to the next phase of the interview process. The phone interview went very well I hope I am selected to move forward to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Wanted me to discuss my work history, basic interview screen questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

We just sat down and talked about myself and what the job would entail (it's more of a sales position than a bank teller). The interview was way more relaxed and easy than I expected it to be. I felt as though I was just talking to a friend about life.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about PNC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Allen Park, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

First a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasts about 20 minutes. You discuss the company, the position, salary, ect. They ask you basic questions to get to know you. Then you will be set up with an in person interview at the branch which you applied to. You will meet with the branch manager and further discuss your background and how you will fit into the company.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a confirmation email right after. I got another email to take an online assessment. After that I got a call the next day to set up an in person interview. I went in for the interview and got a call back the next day extending a verbal offer. They asked a lot of behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter 4 days after I submitted my application. She called me back on that same Thursday to schedule an in person interview with 2 of the managers for that following Monday. I showed up, dressed in business professional clothes. The recruiter sent me an email with the managers name and information so I made them both a copy of my resume and a personalized cover letter. They both really appreciated it. I would suggest doing this as well. The interview went great. Questions were a but tough, but just be yourself. I've never worked in a bank before and don't have much experience in the field at all. The recruiter called me the very next day to extend me an offer. I happily accepte

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had goals to meet at work and how you met those goals?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I applied in June and recieved an email the next day stating I was picked to attend the upcoming recuiting event in a week. I walked into a room of 10 other people, HR asked me to fill out a form (Personal, preferred location, availiability etc) and a branch manager came in. They asked each of us questions going around the room one by one and at the end, they asked if we had any questions and talked to us individually afterward.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your career goals and how does PNC take part in this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenwick Island, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fenwick Island, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

I sent in application was contacted within a week for a phone interview. The interview was about 20 minutes long. They asked about what salary you desire and told you what the starting pay is. Interviewer asked if you had sales goals at any previous jobs, if you would be willing to travel for the training, etc. There were some situational questions, like how would you handle this, etc. It took them about a week or two to e-mail me with an invitation to a face to face interview, and at that point I had already started another job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PNC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinetops, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pinetops, NC).

Interview

I applied online. After a week, I received a phone interview from a recruiter. I was surprised that it was interview on the spot as I'm use to scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and scheduled me an in person interview. I had an in person interview but no job offer, I went through this process twice with this company. They said I would not fit in with their current team personality wise.

Interview Questions

• These were some of the most difficult interview questions be experienced. A lot of situational questions, for example give us a time when you... How would you apply what you learned to this job...   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, week or two later was contacted via email for group interview. There were four other people there. We sat down in a room with the recruiter and the bank manager. They ask you four questions about customer service, sales and career goals. The go around the table in a circle, each person answers. It became clear they were not interested in me because other candidates would talk for several minutes, but when it was my turn they would cut me off in less than a minute. It also seems to be a plus to speak Spanish, which I cannot.

After answering the questions, the recruiter and manager left the room for several minutes. When they came back they called one of the other candidates presumably for an interview. I was called second and shown the door.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you gave good customer service.   Answer Question