PNC Financial Services Group Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Branch Manager Interview Questions

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard process, recruiter first for a phone screen, followed by 3 different 1on1 in person interviews with different members of leadership. Lot of standard questions but everyone really friendly and gives you time to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to communicate and lead a team through a difficult change.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter , then interview with the regional manager. First interview was over an hour. They requested a second interview which was about another hour. Most of the questions were behavioral questions for the most part. After second interview recruiter followed up less than a week later with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through your sales process and specifically what does that looks like?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

traditional interview asking traditional manager questions. Asked questions regarding experience same as in any other interview. There are no tricks or anything to worry about. Everything was very basic and traditional during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Windermere, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Windermere, FL).

Interview

Use a recruiter to initially screen you. You take a personality test and of they are comfortable with you after those steps the next is a gave to gave with the Regional Manager and then they call if there is going to be an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• How much are you making currently/how much do you expect to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a questionnaire and online assessment (Better be good at problem solving) followed by a phone interview with a recruiter, then another by the regional manager.. the regional manager (because he was across the country) said "I feel comfortable hiring from just the phone interview" but after a few weeks of not hearing anything post interview I offered (And did) make the 1100 mile drive to meet face to face in order to show my commitment to the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly preformance based questions e.g. Give me an example of a time you had to work with partner within your company to help (make a sale) a customer   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Applied to a position over a month ago. Recruiter reached out to me. Recruiter was friendly easy to get along with scheduled an interview for the following week! Hiring manager had me down for the wrong time and thought I was late even though I had an email codifying the right time. He held it against me. Told me that he never hires assistant managers from other banks. Asked my pay expectations and laughed when I told him. I was in an out in 5 mins no interview questions asked just looked at my resume.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Received a call for an interview 3+ weeks after an online application. Interviewed with the Recruiter who was very detailed. It was the typical STAR interview process. The next day, I was called in for another interview and met with the Regional Manager. I later completed a skills test online.

I waited about 20 minutes before I interviewed with him. He was in an interview with another young lady. As I met with him, he was documenting on the resume' of the previous interviewee as if he was not interested in me. However, the interview was STAR method as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

7 interviews---they were not consistent...one person wanted one thing...I had everything required and they still said I was NOT RIGHT for that Branch.....it seems that they want a look and are unprofessional in the lack of feedback....The interviewers were late....they never called when they said they would

Interview Questions

• describe a time.....sales experiences........interviews were all different   Answer Question

I did not feel comfortable after the interviews with the culture

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye.

Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

It was long and arduous. It was also confusing because of slow or no responses to inquiries. There was no direction given and one hand had no idea what the other was doing. I waited for days for a response to any question and they left me completely confused. I obviously should hve known, but I needed the employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...of course everyone has an answer for this, but you learn nothing about the candidate. The recruiter was disinterested and once you are hired, you are on your own.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically just stated what they would pay and didn't leave room for negotiation