PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

This was the worst interview process I have ever been through. I got called in for an in person interview, and after a week or so reached out multiple times with no response. After about a month they emailed me with a generic "you did not get the job" email. I took the time to come to your office. Take the time to call me and let me know your decision.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

This interview was for Process Improvement team.

2 rounds
    1st with PM
    2nd with VP

I was extended the offer via phone and it was much below my expectation. I negotiated but they were not flexible as per the recruiter.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Recruiter called me and schedule an appointment with assistant VP. Phone interview. I thought the interview went well. He read my resume prior and asked me specific questions on how I developed or created the improvements mentioned in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you improved something?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by an HR manager about 3 or so weeks after I applied. We arranged for an interview within the next week or so. I meet with three managers who were all looking for a new team member and they explained what they did was asked which description I liked best. They asked about my work history and what I liked to do. I asked about corporate culture and mentioned I preferred a cooperative environment. I later suspected that question was what got me the job. Right afterwards I was asked to submit some more online documents, mostly verifying the information from my initial application. After about two or so weeks (which I think was longer than normal because the higher manager was on vacation) I got called for a second interview. Second interview was with one manager, higher than the last three. He asked similar questions and released me before the time was up. The next day I was called with an offer. Had to get drug tested and submit more online documents for taxation purposes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told I was being offered the high end of the available salary and could not negotiate. It was a good offer so I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Consisted of HR phone interview, then Manager interview, then an in person interview. Total process took a month. All the interviews were very friendly and enjoyable, but there is A LOT of sitting and waiting around for them... They are not specific with when you will hear from them. That is the hardest part of applying with them in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Very typical personal questions for interviews. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial step was a phone screen from the company recruiter which was to ensure what was on the resume was accurate. Next was the one to one interview with the hiring manager, director and a few team members. Interview process was simple and they got back to me fairly quickly. Questions were straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Importance of the role of a BA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Essentially all behavioral questions, why do you want this job, why are you suited for it. tell me about a time you've led, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what PNC does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

did not provide transportation, hotel, breakfast, or anything really.
    interviewers did not seem enthusiastic...some were not even in the field i was interviewing for.
    slow, uninformative, unprofessional
    never gave a response afterwards. even after I called and asked about the status of my application, the HR manager kept saying "we'll let you know later"...well, later never came.

Interview Questions

• where do you prefer to work...we have locations in pittsburgh, jersey city, dc, etc?   1 Answer
    • how do you want us to remember you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

First round interview was on campus and was behavioral. They were just looking to make sure your personality fit with that of the bank. The second was an all day event consisting of 6 interviews with different managers from different lines of business. A few interviewers asked situational questions but the majority were again behavioral. Everyone was very nice and relaxed. I received a phone call 2 weeks later with an offer for a business analyst position.

Interview Questions

• You are the lead software developer and your team is not producing quality code. How would you go about determining the problem and fixing it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a team member that was not doing their fair share of the work. How did you approach the problem and were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

I asked for a different position and all they had was business analyst. The salary was disappointing considering what they pay their business new hires.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2009.

Interview

Asked basically fit questions, extremely generic HR interview.. I did not want to change my school schedule so i declined the offer and went elsewhere. Basically they will ask you about your schooling, previous work experience... some time where you had to deal with a problem and solve it or tell them about a time you worked in a team. Not so much info on actual job details or what will be needed.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Miamisburg, OH Have you improved something?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Miamisburg, OH Team working experience?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Tell me about the time you improved something?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Tell us about your work history.
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview What do you like to do?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview How well do you know SQL?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview What programs have you worked with?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview How many McDonald's are in Ohio?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA Very typical personal questions for interviews. Nothing unexpected.
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Cleveland, OH Importance of the role of a BA
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA What is your understanding of what PNC does?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA where do you prefer to work...we have locations in pittsburgh, jersey city, dc, etc?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA how do you want us to remember you?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA You are the lead software developer and your team is not producing quality code. How would you go about determining the problem and fixing it?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA Tell me about a time when you had a team member that was not doing their fair share of the work. How did you approach the problem and were you able to resolve it?
PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Tell us when you worked in a team.