PNC Financial Services Group Capital Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Capital Markets Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume though my college career center and selected for an interview. I interviewed with one person and it was mostly behavioral questions. It started out with "tell me about yourself" and then we went through my resume. He also asked about coursework and gave a puzzle to answer, just to see how I think.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I found the position on the college career board. I had an initial interview that went well, the guy was nice and they invited me for a final round interview with top recruiters of the company. I thought I did pretty well, although I never heard from any of my interviewers. After a month and a half I called a friend at PNC to check the status for myself

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Mostly fit/behavioral questions. "Do you read the WSJ? What's a recent story?" Asked about greatest weaknesses and strengths. Asked about favorite class at school and why. Asked 1 probability question that was kind of tricky, regarding expected value. Asked what I do for fun, and what my favorite book is. Overall pretty positive experience, everyone was right nice and only one of the questions was tricky.

Interview Questions

• A probability question which was hard to answer quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through University portal and was accepted for interview. Had a 30 minute interview on campus with 2 PNC employees that was relatively formal. Had a reception the night before the Super Day interviews. Super Day consisted of 3 30 minute interviews that was mostly behavioral questions with a few technical questions. I heard back in about a week about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in capital markets? How would you evaluate a company? Tell me about a time you received negative feedback.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Only went through the first round. Interviewed through my school. Started off by asking me about my last summer internship -- what I did, projects I worked on, etc. No technical questions asked. The interview pretty much focused on my previous experience and what groups I was most interested in within the capital markets track. Interviewer wasn't particularly interested in anything other than my previous work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by 4-5 Superday interviews. A recruiter reached out to me after I visited their LinkedIn page and this ended up leading to the first phone interview. PNC did a great job of making sure I found a position that fit what my skill set and interests were.

Interview Questions

• What are three ways to evaluate the credit quality of a company?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through my college career center. I received a first round interview where it was largely behavioral with some questions about financial statements and current events. I was invited to the super day the following week. There was a reception the night before where you got to meet and talk to some of the current PNC employees. The super day consisted of 4 interviews (2 on 1) with the different groups at PNC. Afterwards, if a specific group is interested in you, you will receive an email to continue with next steps.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized. The superday was earlier than other bank superdays. I had four 2-person interviews. Mostly behavioral questions with a couple market questions. Nothing too tough. Everyone was really friendly and helpful.

The overall process was very quick. Probably 2.5 weeks or so. I would highly recommend PNC as a place to work. Great pay and great people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interns get a set rate. I think capital markets received higher than other groups.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

1) Came to campus to conduct interviews
    2) Heard back about super day within 24 hours
    3) Three tracks - Corporate and Institutional Banking, Treasury Management and Capital Markets
    4) Main offices - Pittsburgh (HQ), Philly, NYC (in decreasing size order)
    5) Being yourself is the best thing you can do to get the offier

Interview Questions

• How does net income affect the three financial statements?   1 Answer