PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I first Received a phone interview from a recruiting. She then set me up for a second interview with the district manager. I was the.n given another interview to meet with the branch manager. Each interview was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Long, but thorough. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and set up a group interview. After two face to face interviews in the branch, I was contacted about 3 weeks after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• how do you turn a negative situation into a positive one using your customer service skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cranberry Township, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone call from hr recruiter, & interview with branch manager. Overall the interview was pretty easy. No real complaints there..... I loved my hr recruiter she was very nice and helpful to make the process as smooth as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pitts, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview then 2 assessments, then a group interview with about 12 people. They sectioned off in 2 groups and questioned and at the end we came back together at the end

Interview Questions

• If you saw unethical what would you do? or Ethical
      Describe a situation that you had to multitask and how did you feel about it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online. Set up phone interiew online after receiving email. Call was the following day and lasted about 5 minutes - mostly about experience and explained the position. About a week later received another call which was quite similar to the first - little more detail about the position. Set up interivew for 4 days later. I initally applied for a part-time teller position. After interview, my recuiter contacted me and said that the branch manager wanted me to apply for the Customer Service Associate position that was available (which I was not aware of). Went in for follow up interview that was more geared towards sales. A couple days later, was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to handle a co-worker that wasn't pulling their share during a group project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What past sales goals have you have and how did you meet or exceed that goal.   Answer Question
    • Mostly typical questions about past experience, customer service, and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Waiting to be contacted for an interview is a long process, usually don't get one for a week to 3 weeks after applying. I typically had 2 interviews for positions, focused greatly on customer service and being team oriented. Secondly sales is a huge driving force for the bank. The interviews would last around a half hour to 45 minutes and you would receive a follow up call fairly fast if selected.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the human sigma 6 plan or the Ford model   1 Answer

The pay wasn't reasonable for my experience and skill set with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Midland, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

First you apply online, then you get a call from a recruiter, then a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then an interview, then maybe another depending on the position. The online assesment is pretty easy and the recrutier is pretty friendly. The hardest part is the actual interview in the branch, they ask questions that are very hard to answer when put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you had to help an upset customer and they left happy?" " Name a time you had to adjust to a new policy, how did you overcome any concerns with it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate with the recruiter - I never did, but some coworkers have and when they started at the higher salary they were not allowed to get bonuses for the first year

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

Quick process interview is large group first then if filtered through goes on to individual branch managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little room negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

When I applied to this position, within a couple of days I was sent an e-mail to take an assessment test that consisted of behavioral questions which was easy. I then got a response the next day and e-mailed back and fourth with the lady in charge to set up a phone interview. We talked and I didn't think I got to the on-site interview because within about 2 weeks I haven't heard anything. But then I got a call to go in. The manager was really nice and I felt like the interview went great and we connected.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities? How did you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Louisville, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to a group interview. There was about 12 other applicants for all different positions. At the group interview, we all answered the same typical questions about "what to do with a difficult customer/employee", "describe a time where we went above and beyond" etc. Within a day or two after the group interview I was called for a one and one interview at a branch. The branch manager was somewhat distant and seemed to want someone who looked older for the position. Typical interview questions were asked and the position was explained. The position wasn't open until 2 months, so I had to wait for the position to be open for his decision to be made. Unfortunately the position went to someone else, but HR called me and forwarded me to another branch for the same position. HR seemed to be very nice and would continue sending you to other interviews until you finally got a position. This interview was with 3 local branch managers and they all seemed extremely nice and easygoing. The interview was more of a conversation instead of an interrogation. Was told I would hear back in a week about the position. Two hours later I got a callback with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience working directly with marketing consultants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was based on prior experience and was non-negotiable. Low end was $9 an hour, and high was $11. I was offered $10.5 with my 7+ years experience in retail. They only give the high end for previous banking experience.