PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

2.4

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pitts, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview then 2 assessments, then a group interview with about 12 people. They sectioned off in 2 groups and questioned and at the end we came back together at the end

Interview Questions

• If you saw unethical what would you do? or Ethical
    Describe a situation that you had to multitask and how did you feel about it ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with a panel. It lasted about 20 min. Easy interview. Many situational questions. Also, many questions based on experience. They all took turns asking about 5 questions each. As long as you give a thorough answer the first time, they won't really ask you to elaborate on your answer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker was doing something questionable?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2015.

Interview

it was only for about 10-15 min
    basic questions and more questions was focused on how you approach the scenario and how you handle it
    I had prior experience in banking so a few question was on that

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from pnc
      have you got any prior experience with sales as this job is more about sales and achieving your target   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2015.

Interview

Process took over a month. I was asked to take about 4 different assessments. Then was schedule and interview. The Manager seemed very nice and explained the job well to me. He said that the H.R person will contact me. The in person was very easy and we talked for about a half hour. They seemed very interested in me I waited a week and I had to call/ email them to get more information. Someone from another location got transferred to the position. Which they should have called me and let me know since they said they would and I had other job offers. They then asked me If I wanted to go to distant location and interview again with the manager at that location. I declined since the drive wouldn't be worth it for the pay. The whole process was extremely tedious overall and a lot of my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interview was straightforward. Phone interview with recruiter, branch manager interview, call from recruiter with offer. Manager asked majority of basic questions to gauge ability to sell and interact with customers on a successful level.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview with an HR recruiter. The phone interview was very straightforward. They ask about your work experience, why you're seeking new employment, why you want to work for PNC, and some other sales specific questions (this is a sales job). IE, "Tell me about a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations." "About what percentage of the time do you meet or exceed your sales goals?" After that, we scheduled a face to face interview with the branch manager for the very next day. I was told to bring a couple copies of my resume, but when I arrived they already had a resume printed that they were looking over. The interview was with the branch manager and the teller supervisor. I was nervous before walking in but once I sat down it was a very nice experience. The interview felt more like a work related conversation. They ask the typical questions, some of them were the same or similar to ones the HR recruiter asked me, but it wasn't awkward or forced at all. I felt positive about the experience after leaving, and I received a call the next morning from the recruiter who told me they were interested in having me speak to the regional manager. We were able to set up a time for later that day. Once again I was told to bring a resume, but upon arrival he had already had my resume in hand. Not a long interview, it was once again more like a conversation. He told me he was really interested in hiring someone for this position that was "exceptional" and had a desire to move up, which was a no-brainer for me. The hours are great, and so are the benefits for what I would consider an entry-level position. Everyone I interacted with during this process was very friendly and easy to talk to. I came from a couple years manager experience so I sort of I feel like they already knew they wanted to hire me and they didn't gruel me too hard as a result, or maybe I was just overqualified and that's why the interview seemed like easy-mode. Either way, good experience all around.

Interview Questions

• What is a "good manager" to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grayslake, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 3 other branch managers. Seemed pressuring at first but they were all friendly. Being humors yet also very professional is helpful. Being yourself and showing the skills they are looking for during the interview are what they look for.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Bellevue, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and received a phone call 2 days later. I sat down with the branch manager, and one of the other customer service associates. He asked me a series of questions, but was very laid back about it. He ended my interview with a "Would you rather: take on 1 horse sized ants, or 100 ant sized horses?" That question alone explains how easy going of an interview it was.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What made you apply at PNC bank, versus our competitors?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the following day to do the assessment test, after I completed that a recruiter called to set up a telephone interview. Had a few more things to electronically sign after that. Then a face to face interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you built rapport quickly with someone.

After every question about helping a co-worker or helping a client she'd ask how I thought it made them feel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then the in-person interview with the assistant manager and the manager of the bank. About a week or so later, I had another phone interview with the regional manager

Interview Questions

• -How would I handle a company that is in the process of changing its entire platform of banking?

-When have you had a conflict with a coworker or manager?

-When have you had to make a sale, tell me about it, was it successful?

-How do you react when someone doesn't seem to be into what you're selling?   Answer Question