PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I first Received a phone interview from a recruiting. She then set me up for a second interview with the district manager. I was the.n given another interview to meet with the branch manager. Each interview was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Long, but thorough. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and set up a group interview. After two face to face interviews in the branch, I was contacted about 3 weeks after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• how do you turn a negative situation into a positive one using your customer service skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cranberry Township, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone call from hr recruiter, & interview with branch manager. Overall the interview was pretty easy. No real complaints there..... I loved my hr recruiter she was very nice and helpful to make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pitts, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview then 2 assessments, then a group interview with about 12 people. They sectioned off in 2 groups and questioned and at the end we came back together at the end

Interview Questions

• If you saw unethical what would you do? or Ethical
      Describe a situation that you had to multitask and how did you feel about it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online. Set up phone interiew online after receiving email. Call was the following day and lasted about 5 minutes - mostly about experience and explained the position. About a week later received another call which was quite similar to the first - little more detail about the position. Set up interivew for 4 days later. I initally applied for a part-time teller position. After interview, my recuiter contacted me and said that the branch manager wanted me to apply for the Customer Service Associate position that was available (which I was not aware of). Went in for follow up interview that was more geared towards sales. A couple days later, was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to handle a co-worker that wasn't pulling their share during a group project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What past sales goals have you have and how did you meet or exceed that goal.   Answer Question
    • Mostly typical questions about past experience, customer service, and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sharon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Sharon, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I filled out an online application on a Sunday. On Monday, I recieved an email to fill out a personality assessment, and another application. On Tuesday, I missed a call from a talent acquisition recruiter, so I called her back on Wednesday morning. At that time, I was given a phone interview, and then offered an interview at the branch. The recruiter was very nice, and explained the position to me as well as what to expect at the interview. I was told that I would be going to a "round robin interview". She explained that I would meet with three different branch managers. I received a few emails between the phone interview and interview at the branch about background checks and etc. I simply agreed that I am willing to take a drug test, and background test. I went on Monday morning at 10:30am to my interview, and things went great. I met with all three managers (I met them all one on one) who were extremely nice, and left there before noon. I thought things went amazing but was a bit worried because there were 3 girls there for their interviews at the same time as me, and I heard that there would be 12 people being interviewed the same day as me. I also heard there was only one position available The next morning around 9:45 am, the recruiter called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is the one thing you can improve upon?/   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Louisville, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to a group interview. There was about 12 other applicants for all different positions. At the group interview, we all answered the same typical questions about "what to do with a difficult customer/employee", "describe a time where we went above and beyond" etc. Within a day or two after the group interview I was called for a one and one interview at a branch. The branch manager was somewhat distant and seemed to want someone who looked older for the position. Typical interview questions were asked and the position was explained. The position wasn't open until 2 months, so I had to wait for the position to be open for his decision to be made. Unfortunately the position went to someone else, but HR called me and forwarded me to another branch for the same position. HR seemed to be very nice and would continue sending you to other interviews until you finally got a position. This interview was with 3 local branch managers and they all seemed extremely nice and easygoing. The interview was more of a conversation instead of an interrogation. Was told I would hear back in a week about the position. Two hours later I got a callback with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience working directly with marketing consultants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was based on prior experience and was non-negotiable. Low end was $9 an hour, and high was $11. I was offered $10.5 with my 7+ years experience in retail. They only give the high end for previous banking experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is fair. A higher level of education places a candidate at a greater chance of being considered. Prior money handling and banking experience is preferred. Was placed in a group interview first . Next, was told I would have to complete a personality assessment. Finally was given an offer and had to complete a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate on a difficult sales experience. How did you respond to it and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was. You should do your homework before you negotiate

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I was an internal candidate during my first interview with the company (after a conversion). I was asked general questions such as my experiences with customers and customer service, making referrals, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cornelius, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter phone interview basic details of what job entails. Second interview phone interview discussed details of job and your experience. Third interview with branch manager.