PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

My in person Interview was a week after my phone interview due to my schedule. No clear information given about monthly incentive. Was told would hear by the end of the week. It took over a week to get a callback. Phone information was good and realistic but the person I spoke to over the phone gave a position I didn't apply for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? And why did you pick pnc?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was very easy just be yourself and they only ask questions like why should we hire you and describe a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer...the people are pretty nice there but if you have a theft or any thing on your background they will not consider you even if you were 15 years old...I know sucks right

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly, reviewed a bit about the position, and asked me a couple of questions. It went really well, and they invited me to the hiring event/group interview the next day. They began by giving full details about the job, benefits, and the work environment. The group interview wasn't as intimidating as I expected. There were 9 of us in total, all different ages and backgrounds, and we were able to work off each other nicely. The questions were fairly basic "tell me a time when..." questions. A time you failed/what you learned, a time you managed multiple tasks, etc...

I was invited to the second round, this time we went around the group and they asked 3 questions per circulation of the circle, so people got to hear others answer the question they were asked. Everyone was asked 2 questions in total. These questions dealt with morality, work ethic, etc... I was offered the position the next day, and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your supervisor was unavailable, but you needed them to complete a task?   1 Answer
    • What is great customer service to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was in a group setting. They asked us questions about what we know about the company's core values and why it was important to us. They asked us a series of questions under specific categories. Each of us answered one question in all the categories.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. My phone screen and Resume' spoke for itself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I had four interviews. Two by phone with a recruiter in PA and then Branch and Regional Managers. The process took over two months before I actually received a start date for orientation. Overall I felt it was very thorough. I understand there are many back ground checks necessary per government regulations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker or supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a recutor from PNC letting me know about the open position. I then applied online and they got back to me by email to take a few assessment tests and to apply in further detail. About a week later I had a phone interview and then was invited for a group interview for the following week. There was about 30 people at the group interview and they divide you into groups of about 6 and ask you each the same questions. I was then told I was moving on to the second interview which was just another group interview. I was called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you had to explain to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter they were very nice. It was 2 different ones. They did have a lot of online work for me to do a couple were about an hour long each. I did apply for the bilingual department so I did have to do a language assessment test. For it they ask you 16 questions and record your answer. Everyone is very positive and nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you did at a previous job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Gastonia, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Sort of easy interview. I interviewed with two different branch managers (on two different days). The first one was nice and friendly, the interview was smooth and definitely not stressful. The second one was sort of disappointment, the manager wasn't very friendly or with good people skills. All in all the questions they asked weren't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me about policies and regulations you had to follow in your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and was called in for an interview. The room had ten tables set up with an interviewer at each one so you could hear other people interviewing as well.

Interview Questions

• What skills would make you a good fit for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Woodland Park, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty fun interview. I was expecting something else due to the reviews I read here. Obviously every manager and recruiter is different, but my interview was more based on my resume qnd not so much about what they had in their long list of questions. I did some research about the company ahead of time, but I learned so much more from my soon-to-be manager and district manager. It was an excellent experience.