PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions

• Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was in a group setting. They asked us questions about what we know about the company's core values and why it was important to us. They asked us a series of questions under specific categories. Each of us answered one question in all the categories.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. My phone screen and Resume' spoke for itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was very easy just be yourself and they only ask questions like why should we hire you and describe a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer...the people are pretty nice there but if you have a theft or any thing on your background they will not consider you even if you were 15 years old...I know sucks right

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. Preliminary was a group interview ranging from ethical to practical questions. 2nd round was with managers and higher officials which got more detailed with the questions asked in the first round

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I was given a really tough task and how did I handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I had four interviews. Two by phone with a recruiter in PA and then Branch and Regional Managers. The process took over two months before I actually received a start date for orientation. Overall I felt it was very thorough. I understand there are many back ground checks necessary per government regulations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker or supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter they were very nice. It was 2 different ones. They did have a lot of online work for me to do a couple were about an hour long each. I did apply for the bilingual department so I did have to do a language assessment test. For it they ask you 16 questions and record your answer. Everyone is very positive and nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you did at a previous job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Whitehall, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online, within 24 hours I received an e-mail asking me to complete a series of tests (they were no difficult, just general questions to see if you can add and spell, etc.).. Was then asked to do a phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. Was then contacted via e-mail for second interview, that ended up being a group interview. Later on that day, I was contacted and offered a position. Training began a couple weeks later, training lasted for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• - Why work at PNC?
      - How can you help
      - Times that you have exceed customer expectation and delivered excellent customer service
      - Where do you morals and ethics come from   1 Answer