PNC Financial Services Group Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

there were 3 behavioral back to back interviews (as part of the second round), I had many of the same questions asked multiple times. everyone was very nice, i was also asked one technical question

Interview Questions

• describe a failure you experienced and how you reacted to it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

This was a very thorough interview process. I had a telephone screening followed by an on-site full day of interviews. I was impressed by the people who asked the questions and by the overall process.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give an investor in today's markets?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. Applied through the University and got an interview. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and some current event questions. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job search website and was emailed 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview with one of the managers. I decided not continue with the interview process but was told that the next step was to be invited to the Super Day. This takes place at their headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict with your supervisor and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview. Very basic questions about background and resume. Best & Worst attributes. Nothing really out of the ordinary. The whole call lasted less than thirty minutes. Interviewer was nice enough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe one time I was really challenged in a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was long but worthwhile. I interviewed in a personal setting and the people you speak with are extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to. I was taken out to lunch and we spoke there as well. It was more of a personal interview and not so much behavior oriented. They wanted to know about me, not about what I have or have not done...my resume covered that.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

First round Interview was on campus with two PNC employees, one local and one from the corporate office. Both were very nice and relaxed. Mostly asked you to elaborate certain points of your resume. They stressed geographic flexibility and that you would be willing to move around for training. Very easy going interview overall. Second round would be at corporate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was secured through a hiring agency. The first interview involved meeting individually with 4 members of the department that held the job. I was told a second interview would take place at a later date but I was never contacted afterward by anyone from the department so it was an implied rejection.

Interview Questions

• What is my expected career progression in the event that I was given an offer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The process was very detailed. I had about three phone interviews before I had my final interview. The final interview was in Pittsburgh Pa where there were 50 other Canadians and they were only going to choose 25. The phone interviews were pretty easy but the Final interview questions were more difficult and some were technical questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview

There were actually two PNC employees who interviewed me and asked some difficult questions about my interests in banking so that they could determine a good fit for me within the organization. Geographic flexibility was a requirement for the position because they were planning on putting you wherever they decided you would be the best fit. I thought the people were nice but the mixer the night before was business professional, which was odd. I thought it was a overall a pretty difficult interview with multiple questions that caught me off guard.