PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Very easy. Recruiting works on weekends. First interview scheduled was for a group interview about 12 people. It lasted about two hours. Everyone answered the same questions.
They called the next day with first offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to achieve a sales goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We went two rounds of negotiations, taking 3 days.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Easy questions asked and a lot tell me about yourself questions. My interviewing manager was a great guy and really help me develop my careers at PNC. I think i just got lucky to have such a great manager.

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest decision ever made at a workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and not very informative, did not describe the amount of work well, had to hear it from other employees, did not make you feel like they liked their job

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for another job, what is the worst experience you ever had with a customer, what is the best experience you ever had with a customer   1 Answer

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Two interviews: one with the regional manager and another with your soon-to-be direct supervisor, the branch manager. Each meeting was held on different days. It was a very relaxed process. They asked questions about what I could bring to the table, what I wanted to work for them, what my goals were, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Monroeville, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after I submitted my resume, I received a call from a PNC recruiter. It went really well. She asked about my qualifications along with my desire to work for PNC. She provided a positive being to our conversation asking which location I would prefer to work. She said she would let me know in a day or two when I can come in for a face-to-face interview.

After a few days not hearing anything, I emailed her a thank you for the phone interview and to see if she needed any additional information. Its been two months and I haven't heard anything. When I sign in online, my status says I'm still in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why are some of your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

This process was quick and action packed. You usually start with a group interview then one of two individual interviews. Focus mostly on confidence and customer service skills not much on financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation in a positive way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy. I was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone interview and was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the PNC culture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

You submit your application online and then get called in for a group interview. After a few days they ask you to come back in for an individual interview with the branch they feel you would work best with. Finally you have a phone interview with the area manager before you are offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a selling position? What is something you had to sell? What obstacles did you have to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took about a week for an HR recruiter to call me and she did a quick phone interview. After that, they set up a day, time, and location for a group interview. At first when they sent me an email saying it was a group interview, I thought group meant a group of PNC managers. No, it was a group of candidates vying for this position. At first I thought it was weird but yet it was probably better than the intimidation and seriousness of multiple PNC managers interviewing a candidate one at a time. There were seven of us and they went around the room and asked about 5 questions. Afterwards, the HR recruiter told us that the interviewers wanted three of us to stay; said this does not mean that we were moving on to the next round but that they have further questioning. But in essence, it really did mean that, since the other four were pretty much told thank you but sorry you are not considered now. So they took the remaining three, one at a time, and asked a few more questions. They asked me why I chose PNC Bank, how did I go above and beyond for a customer, and what percentage was sales and customer service since I was an assistant manager.
    They interviewed me on a Monday; I contacted the HR recruiter for contact info for the interviewers so I can at least send them thank you letters or emails. I did not hear from her until late Friday afternoon. To this day (the following Wednesday), I have yet to hear if they made a decision. I would think it would be courteous and professional on PNC's part to at least let me know that I was out of consideration. It seemed like the regional manager did not want to be there..she did not have a great attitude and it seemed like it was a bother for her.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to apply to PNC Bank?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time (personal or professional) where you accomplished an important goal.   Answer Question
    • What does your typical day look like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a sales experience...what did you do, provide specific actions, and how did you exceed your customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed with the Vice President Branch Manager and Manager. The interview lasted for approx 1 hr and 30 mins. This particular branch was a very team oriented branch and were very respectful of considering the branch as a team. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness?
      What can you offer that other candidates may not be able to?
      1 Answer